ndrews McMeel Universal (AMU) brands GoComics and Andrews McMeel Publishing will exhibit at New York Comicon (NYCC) 2014 to share entertaining and thought- provoking comic strips, book collections, creator interactions and giveaways with NYCC guests. The brands will converge at the Andrews McMeel Publishing/GoComics Booth (#2219), bringing the following to NYCC attendees:
- Select books for purchase, including the just-released The Terrible and Wonderful Reasons Why I Run Long Distances by The Oatmeal, the paperback edition of The Batman Files by Matthew Manning, and titles from AMP! Comics for Kids including Desmond Pucket and the Mountain Full of Monsters by Mark Tatulli (Lio and Heart of the City), and the just-released Big Nate: The Crowd Goes Wild! by Lincoln Peirce.
- GoComics’ offerings of the world’s largest collection of syndicated comics and webcomics. The online portal and free mobile app feature hundreds of new and classic comics, including iconic comic strips such as Peanuts, Calvin and Hobbes, Dilbert, Garfield and FoxTrot to currently popular comics such as Pearls Before Swine, Get Fuzzy, The Argyle Sweater, Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal and Dinosaur Comics.
- Scheduled one-hour, free signings by creators including Adam Cornish (Much Ado About Stuffing: The Best and Worst of @CrapTaxidermy), Josh Elder (Reading with Pictures: Comics That Make Kids Smarter), Ruben Bolling (Tom the Dancing Bug) and Mark Tatulli (Lio, Heart of the City).
- Daily giveaways including free GoComics PRO memberships, major comic book collections and other comic-related promotional items.
- Archive-quality prints of the iconic first and last Calvin and Hobbes comic strips, as well as the recent Stephan Pastis/Bill Watterson Pearls Before Swine collaboration, will be available for purchase.
- GoComics T-Shirts featuring the slogan “Read Comics Every Day” will be available for purchase for $20.
Social media will play a major role in the AMU teams’ #NYCC outreach. GoComics, part of Universal Uclick, will use its Twitter presence (@GoComics) to tweet from the convention floor, sharing the experience with the 60,000 followers worldwide who may not be able to attend. NYCC guests and @GoComics followers can keep track of the conversation using the hashtag #GoComics. The on-site team will also share photos via Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Instagram. Andrews McMeel Publishing (@AndrewsMcMeel) will alert NYCC attendees to giveaways/events via social media using the hashtag #AMPNYCC.
In addition to following #GoComics hashtag to learn about the latest giveaways and signings, Comic Con attendees are encouraged to share information via social media about Andrews McMeel Publishing’s releases or their favorite GoComics comics. When individuals visit the booth and show their message, they will receive a free three-month membership for a GoComics PRO account, a premium-level, ad-free experience both online and via the GoComics mobile app. This trial membership also allows users an unlimited amount of comics emailed to them daily.
Andrews McMeel Publishing/GoComics Signing and Event Schedule:
All creator signings will occur at the Andrews McMeel Publishing/GoComics Booth (#2219). Exclusive NYCC 2014 prints will be provided for free at all creator signings.
Thursday, October 9
3:00 – 4:00 p.m.: Adam Cornish (Much Ado About Stuffing: The Best and Worst of @CrapTaxidermy)
Saturday, October 11
2:00 – 3:00 p.m.: Josh Elder (Reading with Pictures: Comics That Make Kids Smarter) 4 – 5:00 p.m.: Ruben Bolling (Tom the Dancing Bug, Super-Fun-Pax Comix)
Sunday, October 12
10:00 – 11:00 a.m.: Mark Tatulli (Lio, Heart of the City, Desmond Pucket)
11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.: Chris Giarrusso (The G-Man Super Journal: Awesome Origins) 1:00 – 2:00 p.m.: Jeff Weigel (Dragon Girl: The Secret Valley)
To track on-the-ground NYCC updates each day of the convention, visit: Twitter: @GoComics (#GoComics); @AndrewsMcMeel
Facebook: facebook.com/gocomics; facebook.com/andrewsmcmeelpublishing Instagram: GoComics
Pinterest: pinterest.com/gocomics; pinterest.com/andrewsmcmeel Tumblr: gocomics.tumblr.com; andrewsmcmeelbooks.tumblr.com