Summer is almost over, which means fall is just around the corner, and that means Halloween is coming up really soon. We’re hoping you’ll celebrate our love of the holiday by entering the Annual Major Spoilers Costume Contest.
This is our eighth year sponsoring the contest, and we know YOU are going to make it even better than last year!
We want you, yes you, to send us pictures of yourself dressed up as your favorite hero, villain, side-kick – really any comic book/pop culture character. The best costume will not only be hailed as the Grand Prize Winner in Major Spoilers’ 2014 Costume Contest, you’ll also get an awesome prize.
We’ve done it for three years in a row, why not make it four!? Yes, we are giving away an iPad Mini to the grand prize winner!*
HOW TO ENTER:
- Send five pictures of yourself in your costume to email@example.com by 11:59 PM CST on October 10, 2014.
- You must also send an out of costume picture of yourself in street clothes to help the verification process.
- You must include your full name, address, and the character you represent (please, no made up characters).
- The pictures for the entry MUST have been taken in the last 24 months.
- Pictures should be .JPG files, no smaller than 650 pixels wide. Please make sure you label your pictures with your name and character. Example – Schleicher_Batman01.jpg.
The Major Spoilers staff, will narrow the list to five finalists, and readers will then vote on their favorite.
The winner will be announced on October 31, 2014.
Send your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last year, we had a huge turnout from readers around the world. Let’s make this year even better than the last! Don’t be left out, get your entries in early!
ENTER EARLY! ENTER OFTEN!
YOU MAY ENTER MULTIPLE COSTUMES!
Help spread the word! Share the link to this post so we can have even more cosplayers getting in on this fun annual competition!
*While this contest is open to anyone in the world who wants to participate, because of the way Apple ships products tied to credit cards, and we no longer trust the postal service, the grand prize winner that resides outside of the United States will receive a cash award equal to the price of the iPad Mini so the winner may purchase the electronic device in their country.