For the last couple of weeks, BOOM! Studios teased us with conspiracy theory teasers for its upcoming Deep State series. As a younger man, I devoured everything Art Bell served up, and wild tales of Bigfoot, Area 51, and the Illuminati holding secret meetings at Old Navy had me enthralled with the mystery of the unknown.

Do you believe there are secret groups controlling the world (i.e. The Illuminati)? (comment here)

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

SNEAK PEEK: Clive Barker's Next Testament #12

SNEAK PEEK: Thomas Alsop #3

1. August 12, 2014 at 11:40 am — Reply

I voted NO, now I do believe that there are secret groups, there always are (Karma 2014). But I do not think they are controlling or running the world. The do know what is really going on and know a lot more then anyone.

2. August 12, 2014 at 11:51 am — Reply

No, but I did watch an interesting horror mockumentary called Conspiracy about a fake secret society called Tarsus. Worth checking out. It’s on Netflix

3. Russ Catt
    August 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm — Reply

I voted yes. I think there are political, marketing and financial groups out there who desire to manipulate the masses in order to fatten their wallets.
    I don’t think they’re necessarily good or evil, they are simply motivated by avarice.

• Scale Enlie
      August 13, 2014 at 7:24 am — Reply

I agree.

Everything is owned by a handful of super wealthy people. It’s not really a conspiracy in the “Oh you’re one of those crazy conspiracy nuts” sort of way. It’s just capitalism. Western culture is a big game of monopoly that’s been going on so long that there are only a few players left.
      They control everything. Every industry. All the banks. All the mass media. It’s not a secret cult like the Illuminati or the Masons or the Lizard People… I think that’s just spin to distract us from the real conspiracy. The real conspiracy is just rich people, who get together with other rich people for the purposes of discussing, wait for it, how to stay rich.

4. Justin
    August 12, 2014 at 12:12 pm — Reply

I voted yes, without secret organizations controlling the world we would have free power built by Tesla. The Knights Templar would not have needed banks to control governments.

5. Ingrid
    August 12, 2014 at 12:49 pm — Reply

Nope. I have faith in the utter inability of people in groups larger than one to be able to keep a conspiracy secret. Besides, who needs to? If you have the money you can control the world openly.

6. Rob
    August 12, 2014 at 1:19 pm — Reply

There are groups controlling the world, we call them goverments, but they are really not very good at it.

7. HipHopHead
    August 12, 2014 at 1:44 pm — Reply

Illuminati…Historically, the name refers to the Bavarian Illuminati, an Enlightenment-era secret society founded on May 1, 1776. Some conspiracy theorists claim that the Illuminati observe Satanic rituals

8. August 12, 2014 at 2:08 pm — Reply

I lean towards Alan Moore’s view that the truth, which is far more scary than any conspiracy theory, is that there is no one in control. The world is rudderless, and we are all cogs in a chaotic system that is too vast to fully control. We try, certainly, but at the end of the day everyone grabbing and clashing for control just fuels the chaos.

9. August 12, 2014 at 2:19 pm — Reply

I answered “Yes”, but it isn’t quite so black and white. I do believe there are groups of considerable behind the scenes influence, but I don’t believe they are quite as bad as the secret societies in media and conspiracy theories most of the time.

10. Spider lover
    August 12, 2014 at 2:48 pm — Reply

I voted no. I think there are small groups that sway the masses. I just don’t think there is a secret room filled with men making decision about the world.

11. August 12, 2014 at 3:41 pm — Reply

To believe in secret rulers of the world requires a faith in the competence of humans completely unjustified by any observation of the human race.

12. Kirby
    August 12, 2014 at 6:50 pm — Reply

Yes, and questions like this are just ways for the secret organizations to see how many people are being properly duped. What I’m really saying is that Major Spoilers is part of a secret organization that is also behind actors being elected to public office, boy bands, the girl scouts behind the crop circles, and the sinister purpose of aglets.

• August 12, 2014 at 9:05 pm — Reply

Don’t forget the mind control drugs the Girl Scouts put in their cookies!

13. Oldcomicfan
    August 12, 2014 at 8:33 pm — Reply

No, there’s no ultra-secret organization running the world. The world is too badly run for that. Not even Jerry Lewis and the Three Stooges together could have gotten the world into the mess it is in.

14. Speech
    August 13, 2014 at 11:28 am — Reply

I voted yes. The way I mean there are people behind the scene pulling strings for whatever will further their own agenda. The obscenely rich/corporations, religious organizations, governments all have a hand in how society is run.
    There is plenty of evidence of such things-religious organizations contributing to African governments so those governments will pass laws that support that religions’ dogma; corporations putting puppets in elected positions for their own interests; the fact that they keep making those American Pie movies! :)

Just my 2 coppers
    Speech

15. August 13, 2014 at 1:22 pm — Reply

I voted yes… Because the crab people are everywhere….. But to be honest I do believe there is a lot that happens that the world has no idea even happens let alone has any say in. Now I am not so far paranoid that I see conspiracies everywhere, but there is evidence if you look for it.

16. August 14, 2014 at 11:28 am — Reply

As a Freemason, I can assure you that there are no secret groups controlling the world, no matter what you’re heard.
    None at all. Go about your business. There is nothing to see here.

17. Witt
    August 18, 2014 at 11:04 am — Reply

I voted no because, last time I checked, AMERICA ISN’T A SECRET ORGANIZATION! #Merica #Blissfullyniave #Mycountryisbetterthanyours