Are you ready for a bunch of Untitled DC films? That’s the way Warner Bros. listed the features when it blocked out nine dates between now and 2020.
It’s interesting that Warner Bros. didn’t announce a single thing related to upcoming movies at the San Diego Comic Con, but I understand this may be because the studio didn’t have all of the signatures needed to get things done.
Here are the dates DC/Warner Bros. have set aside:
- March 25, 2016 – Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice
- August 5, 2016 – Untitled DC Film
- June 23, 2017 – Untitled DC Film
- November 17, 2017 – Untitled DC Film
- March 23, 2018 – Untitled DC Film
- July 27, 2018 – Untitled DC Film
- November 16, 2018 – Untitled WB Event Film
- April 5, 2019 – Untitled DC Film
- June 14, 2019 – Untitled DC Film
- April 3, 2020 – Untitled DC Film
- June 19, 2020 – Untitled DC Film
- November 20, 2020 – Untitled WB Event Film
It’s an interesting schedule, and I hope that the studio is able to keep up with an aggressive schedule like this, especially with three movies scheduled to land in 2018.
What movies are we looking at? According to Nikki Finke, we can expect to see Batman v. Superman, Justice League, Shazam, Sandman, Wonder Woman, Flash and Green Lantern, Man of Steel 2, Metal Men and Suicide Squad.
A few months ago, we featured another list of potential DC movies from Mr. Finke. How do the two compare?
- May 2016 – Batman v Superman
- July 2016 – Shazam
- Xmas 2016 – Sandman
- May 2017 – Justice League
- July 2017 – Wonder Woman
- Xmas 2017 – Flash and Green Lantern team-up
- May 2018 – Man Of Steel 2
A lot of shuffling around from what was previously reported, but the comic book properties do seem to be corrected, as indicated by Finke, Kevin Smith, and a few others like The Rock, who keeps pimping his involvement with Shazam/Captain Marvel.