Lords of the Feywild

In this installment of Critical Hit – A Major Spoilers Dungeons and Dragons Podcast: Welcome back to the Summer Canopy!

NOTE: Level 14 character sheets are now available at members.majorspoilers.com and the Critical Hit Logo T-Shirts are indeed at SlashLoot.com

IMG_1431 IMG_1432 IMG_1433 IMG_1434 IMG_1435 IMG_1436 IMG_1437IMG_1438IMG_1439IMG_1440IMG_1441IMG_1442IMG_1443IMG_1444IMG_1445IMG_1446IMG_1447IMG_1448IMG_1450IMG_1451IMG_1452IMG_1453IMG_1454IMG_1455IMG_1456IMG_1457IMG_1458IMG_1459IMG_1460IMG_1463IMG_1464IMG_1465IMG_1466IMG_1467IMG_1469IMG_1470IMG_1471IMG_1472IMG_1473IMG_1474IMG_1475IMG_1476IMG_1477IMG_1478IMG_1479IMG_1481IMG_1482IMG_1484IMG_1485IMG_1487IMG_1488IMG_1489IMG_1491IMG_1492IMG_1493

Major Spoilers Talk Back: Guardians of the Galaxy

Major Spoilers Question Of The Day: Video Game Mayhem Edition

1. August 2, 2014 at 12:52 pm — Reply

Hey! I’m a new VIP member–my first paid episode! For some reason, I’ve enjoyed it all the more!

2. August 2, 2014 at 2:51 pm — Reply

should’ve let Torq jump for the other leaf, we all know he would’ve got a nat 20 and made it safely, lol

nice cliffhanger guys, I’m on the edge of my seat for next week!

3. Gary
    August 2, 2014 at 6:12 pm — Reply

4. August 3, 2014 at 9:31 am — Reply

OK I’ve been listening to this show waaaayyy too long. I’m starting to shout out references when somebody says something. When Rob mentioned having “so many pact boons” I said, “A whole chorus of lounge singers in every curse!”

Matthew and Stephen may be old enough to get that one…

• August 3, 2014 at 10:46 am — Reply

I too thought of the horrific power of Pat Boon. No wonder Warlocks are so feared.

5. Murgel
    August 3, 2014 at 3:45 pm — Reply

So around 75 minutes in Steven doesn’t get to do his damage. Is this because he didn’t THINK he was going to get to do his damage? Is Orem too becoming a holy man, and has to believe really hard perhaps? Seems like he was just trying to speed up the combat, which I for one am kind of greatful for… I mean if you’re going to remind him to save against slowed, why not let him do damage as well? Oh well. Just monkeying around, flinging a bit of poo from the peanut gallery.

• August 3, 2014 at 4:33 pm — Reply

I’m sure damage was applied, there may have been an error in editing.

6. Frosstbyte
    August 4, 2014 at 3:27 pm — Reply

I was just thinking to myself how long it had been since there had been a good skill challenge. I’m listening to the Celestial Crusade right now (just started the first “Other Third Lives” episode), and skill challenges give such good conflict/roleplay opportunities. Combat is technically so fast and so complex that you can’t really “advance storylines” with it, and mere roleplaying lacks the mechanical engagement and, often, peril, so I’m really looking forward to seeing how the party avoids being digested by ooze and if Trelle’s love for Kammis gives her magical reality-warping teleportation abilities.

Speaking of which, did we magically teleport to someone in the feywild at some other time based on sheer force of will? I had no idea why Orem suggested she try to do that. Totally possible I just don’t remember, though. Episode reference would be lovely if someone has it.

• Frosstbyte
      August 5, 2014 at 12:17 pm — Reply

For anyone curious, Rodrigo answered this on tumblr. He said that it’s the same process Trelle used previously to move the party between “realms” of the Fey Wild. Something about that didn’t really click for me. I guess I have no listened to the first half of season 4 in long enough that the exact mechanism of their travel eluded me. Carry on!

7. PureChaosDI
    August 7, 2014 at 4:23 pm — Reply

I’m dissapointed that this episode isn’t called 5 eyes six eyes seven eyes more…

I joke, it was a great episode, looking forward to the skills challenge :)