Skybound and Robert Kirkman held a panel on The Walking Dead yesterday, and here’s a rundown of what went down.
- Have you ever noticed that the word “zombies” is never used in the series? Kirkman is toying around with the idea of letting the z-word slip in a future issue.
- Negan might show up in the television series, but “it might be a while before he does”
- Negan is based on a real person, but the creators are very hesitant about saying who.
- Kirkman says he doesn’t regret cutting off Rick’s hand, but does think it was a stupid decision.
- Kirkman doesn’t do drugs or alcohol, so he never thinks about it, and thus none of the characters are addicted to substances.
- What made the zombies? Kirkman told fans that it is “completely unimportant to the story,” and we may never learn of the cause.
- Kirkman has the story plotted out for the next five years.
- Kirkman’s The Cutting Room Floor book is still coming along. The book, which has been mentioned before, will feature the writer’s handwritten plots for all the issues.
- Will there be a spin-off series from the Walking Dead? Kirkman said not to expect any announcements about that at the convention, but news would be coming soon.
So there you go. Some interesting tidbits of information, and a lot of teasing about things that “may” be coming from the land of the undead.