SDCC’14: Nickelodeon to hold open call for original animated projects at convention
Nickelodeon released its list of activities planned for the San Diego Comic-Con, and one of the things they are participating in is a n open call for original animated project ideas.
Below is a full list of Nick talent at Comic-Con this year:
- The Legend of Korra’s Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko (co-creators/executive producers); Janet Varney (Korra); David Faustino (Mako); Seychelle Gabrielle (Asami Sato); Mindy Sterling (Lin Beifong) and John Michael Higgins (Varrick).
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ Seth Green (Leonardo); Sean Astin (Raphael); Greg Cipes (Michelangelo); Rob Paulsen (Donatello); Josh Peck (Casey Jones); Mae Whitman (April O’Neil); Kelly Hu (Karai); Ciro Nieli (executive producer) and Brandon Auman (executive producer).
- Sanjay and Craig’s Jim Dirschberger and Jay Howell (co-creators/executive producers); Maulik Pancholy (Sanjay); Chris Hardwick (Craig); Matt Jones (Hector); Tony Hale (Mr. Noodman); John DiMaggio (Penny) and Nika Futterman (Belle Pepper).
- SpongeBob SquarePants’ Tom Kenny (SpongeBob SquarePants).
- Breadwinners’ Steve Borst and Gary “Doodles” Di Raffaele (creators/executive producers).
- Bad Seeds’ (working title) C.H. Greenblatt (creator).
- Pig Goat Banana Cricket’s J. Ryan and Dave Cooper (co-creators) and David Stacks (executive producer).
The network will also present four panels: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles; Sanjay and Craig; The Legend of Korra; and Nickelodeon’s New Animation Pipeline, which will give fans a sneak preview of the network’s new series, Breadwinners, Bad Seeds (working title) and Pig Goat Banana Cricket.
Finally, you think you have a great idea for an animated show? Nickelodeon will hold an open call during the convention.
Nick’s animation development team will be on-site from Thursday, July 24, to Saturday, July 26, with the goal of greenlighting a pitch for its global Animated Shorts Program, which is designed to identify and develop original comedy-driven content for kids. Participants must register in advance for their one-on-one meetings and will have 15 minutes to pitch their idea. Guidelines, restrictions, and pre-registration information are available at www.nickshortspitches.com.
Nickelodeon will have an 1800-square-foot booth (#4113), which makes it one of the larger booths at the show.