It’s time once again for our annual question about the biggest comic book convention in North America. In just a couple of week hundreds of thousands will flood into San Diego to celebrate comic books, movies, and pop culture (interestingly, the same thing we cover on this site).  With Nerdtacular behind us, we want to know if you will be attending the Big Con.

Are you going to the San Diego Comic-Con this year? (comment here)

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Nick McWhorter promoted to Vice President of Media Licensing

Who is the new Captain America?

1. July 8, 2014 at 11:29 am — Reply

With all the other cons out there. SDCC just isn’t worth the hassle.

2. July 8, 2014 at 11:33 am — Reply

I tried… but with their lottery system, the movie industry hype of the last few years and putting the comic book and media on one ticket… I’d don’t think I’ll ever go again until changes are made. Last time I was able to go was 2010.

3. Ingrid
    July 8, 2014 at 12:11 pm — Reply

While part of me would like to go, it just sounds so huge that I probably wouldn’t enjoy the crush of people. Besides, I typically work at GenCon so I get a good dose of masses of humanity there. I’d probably prefer a smaller flavor of Comic-Con.

4. July 8, 2014 at 12:33 pm — Reply

I’d love to go once in my life, however I think that once in my life would have preferably been before it became the monstrosity that it is now.

5. July 8, 2014 at 1:28 pm — Reply

Not going, But made it to Convergence (Convention in MN) last weekend and had a ton of fun there.

6. falinor@gmail.com
    July 8, 2014 at 1:39 pm — Reply

I just looked at the process on how to get tickets for SDCC. It is a convoluted system that a DC bureaucrat would love. No Thanks.

7. Hannah Jones
    July 8, 2014 at 1:47 pm — Reply

No time, No Money, and No shot at getting tickets. Short answer, no.

8. July 8, 2014 at 3:20 pm — Reply

No. I’d love to go, but considering I live in Illinois and can currently barely afford to rent a movie and buy a box of microwave popcorn, I don’t have the funds to go even if I had a ticket. I plan to get there eventually (hopefully before I’m dead, I don’t think taking my ashes will count), but so far it just hasn’t been possible.

9. Kirby
    July 8, 2014 at 4:27 pm — Reply

No, honestly for me a con is no fun without my friends (who likewise won’t be going), and a comiccon I should feel little crowding while going “Got it, got it, need it, got it…”

10. Cat Halo
    July 8, 2014 at 5:33 pm — Reply

It’s just so terribly terribly far away. And terribly terribly difficult to get tickets, and hotels, and what-not. It is on my Bucket List though.

11. b003
    July 8, 2014 at 8:42 pm — Reply

Lotta no votes here. I’m in good company.

12. Scale Enlie
    July 9, 2014 at 8:18 am — Reply

All the way from Australia? Nah HELLLLSSSSS NO.
    …. I’d sure like to though….

…sad face…

13. ManBearTed
    July 10, 2014 at 9:55 pm — Reply

I have never really had an urge to go to San Diego since it became way more about TV and Movies. I understand why they did it but it’s just not something I am interested in. I go to Emerald City and Rose City Comic Cons when I have the weekend off and that works for me.

14. July 14, 2014 at 6:54 am — Reply

Well, this is my second year going, all the way from Norway. Yes it’s a bit messy trying to get the badges. And yes there sure is a lot of hype around new shows and movies, but so what?. Since I mostly stayed out of Hall H and went to several of the smaller rooms I was spared the worst of it. Stan Lee popped up as a surprise guest at my first panel (Matell-panel in a tiny room), that blew my mind. The whole experience was amazing with the whole town buzzing with nerds and geeks of all colours and creeds. I’ve been to smaller cons, but this…. this is the Mother of all Cons!