If you are playing Marvel Heroes 2015, the company has released a list of the events that make up the Epic Twelve celebration this weekend that brings back fan favorite in-game specials.
- Return of the Reaper – Every few hours, a different game mode will have increased loot, rotating between Terminals, Midtown, and X-Defense and Holo-Sim.
- Legendary BOGO – BOGO for heroes and costumes are back along with a 15% bonus G sale.
- Even More Cowbell – Log in on Saturday, 6/28 for a Cosmic Cow King Crate. Loot for the Bovineheim and Confidential Bovine Sector will also be increased!
- Devs with Benefits – Play with the devs, ask them questions & receive codes for mystery gifts.
- Runes Reloaded – Drop rates for the rarest of runes have been increased as well as sale values.
- World Cup Fever – Collect flags from the various World Cup countries for a special item.
- Cosmic Chaos – Cosmic Doop spawn rate has been increased and will drop random a Cosmic Medallion and Cosmic Ring. Cosmic Penta Boosts also make a comeback in the store.
- Summer BBQ – Collect summer BBQ drops including hot dogs and Omega Red Ketchup.
- Alpha Omega – Earn more Omega Orbs as rewards for Shared Quests are tripled and are 10% easier to acquire. Log in each day to receive an extra Omega Orb.
- Teamwork 101 – Team Insignias drop rates will be increased, Team-Up Heroes will deal increased damage and all Team-Up Heroes prices will be 20% off! Log in each day and receive an Epic S.H.I.E.L.D. Team-Up gear.
- Accidents Happen – Server side rarity boost will have a few unexpected increases at random times through each day, lasting anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes.
- Old School – Hero Tokens for any hero have a small chance of dropping across the game.
If you aren’t familiar with Marvel Heroes, here’s how the website describes the game:
Marvel Heroes is a FREE-TO-PLAY action-packed massively multiplayer online game created by David Brevik, the visionary behind Diablo and Diablo 2.
Set in the iconic Marvel Universe, Marvel Heroes combines the core game-play style of Action RPGs and MMOs with the expansive library of heroes from the Marvel Universe. In the game, players can collect and play as their favorite Marvel Superheroes (including Iron Man, Thor, Wolverine, Hulk, Spider-Man, Captain America and many others).
Team up with friends and try to stop Doctor Doom from devastating the world with the power of the Cosmic Cube in a story written by Marvel comic super-scribe Brian Michael Bendis.
Marvel Heroes is a free to play game, so you aren’t out anything if you haven’t joined. For Spoilerites who are playing (or who have played), is this a game worth checking out? If you have left the game, does the Epic Twelve announcement make you want to log back in and play?