I admit it: I have always found Jean Grey much more attractive as Dark Phoenix than I ever did as Marvel Girl.  Part of it comes in the art of a young John Byrne, part of it that red is my favorite color, but there’s just something incredibly compelling about the mad, voracious star-goddess, enwreathed in flames.  Sure, I’d be burnt to cinders, but sometimes that’s the price you pay to get close to something beautiful.  I’ve heard from female friends that the same is true of the bad guys, with more than one lady pal telling me that they understand the subtle power that Prince Namor holds over even the happily married Susan Storm, which leads us to today’s alluring query…

The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”) usually only has eyes for the sweet and good-natured types, but admits to a pretty sizable crush on Power Rangers In Space’s Astronema, asking: Which utterly evil character do you nonetheless find inexplicably attractive?

Matthew Peterson

Matthew Peterson

And a nice red uniform.

Transformers: Age of Extinction Review

SNEAK PEEK: Quantum and Woody #12

1. June 27, 2014 at 11:36 am — Reply

Amora the Enchantress – She can encorcell me any day.

2. June 27, 2014 at 12:24 pm — Reply

I have to say Harley Quinn

3. Starks Scraps
    June 27, 2014 at 1:10 pm — Reply

Skeletor

4. June 27, 2014 at 1:30 pm — Reply

“The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”) usually only has eyes for the sweet and good-natured types, but admits to a pretty sizable crush on Power Rangers In Space’s Astronema”

On the bright side, she did eventually turn to good (or, technically, back to good?) and became Karone again, so that isn’t too much of a stretch.

I’m torn between a few. Nai and Mea from Magiranger are definitely up there on my list, but not so much their “whole” form of Phantom Spy Vancuria. Evil versions of Willow (both Vampire Willow from the alternate timeline and the Dark Magic Willow from after Tara’s death) from Buffy are also pretty high on the list. And that cute evil witch on the final TV season of “Charmed” that I can’t think of the name of but was the sister of the character played by the actress who plays Penny on “Big Bang Theory”.

• Kirby
      June 27, 2014 at 1:56 pm — Reply

With Astronema, I’m torn because much like Grease I prefer the good girl look.

• June 27, 2014 at 9:37 pm — Reply

Actually, I can’t stand Karone. She’s just so… blurgh. But Tenaya 7? Rrrrooowl!

• June 28, 2014 at 8:44 pm — Reply

Agreed, Tenaya was yummylicious.

5. Dan
    June 27, 2014 at 1:33 pm — Reply

The Baroness. or possibly (in a happily tangential connection to dark phoenix) Famke Janssen as Xenia Onatopp in Goldeneye.

i guess i have a thing for evil eastern european chicks with dark hair.

• June 27, 2014 at 2:03 pm — Reply

Nothing wrong with liking evil eastern european chicks with dark hair.

6. mark
    June 27, 2014 at 1:37 pm — Reply

serverlan from blakes seven

• rob
      June 27, 2014 at 3:56 pm — Reply

Mmm, Serverlan. I have probably never recovered from the havoc she wrought on my impressionable pre-teen brain.

7. June 27, 2014 at 1:49 pm — Reply

I don’t think Catwoman would be considered evil. So I will pick Princess Aura from Flash Gordon.

…or Michelle Obama.

8. Cody
    June 27, 2014 at 7:05 pm — Reply

I gotta side with Matthew with Dark Phoenix. I’ll also go with Poison Ivy and Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique

9. Gehrigan
    June 27, 2014 at 8:59 pm — Reply

Psylocke in her Lady Mandarin phase was pretty awesome.Six from Battlestar Galactica was also very enticing.

10. June 28, 2014 at 2:21 am — Reply

The Emerald Empress has always been well done, especially in the 80’s.
    I have also had a passing fancy for Salome in her many depictions.

11. June 28, 2014 at 3:04 am — Reply

I got two of them, Harley Quinn & Phoenix. Although, I dont think either of them ever was utterly evil, they just cant help it.