Last week, the Major Spoilers populace determine that Herminone Granger could best Sabrina, the Teenage Witch in a battle of the magic-types. But I wonder how Hermione would hold up against the Scarlet Witch?

Who would win in a magician battle? (comment here)

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

SNEAK PEEK: Haunted Horror #11

SNEAK PEEK: Sherlock Holmes: Moriarty Lives #4

1. June 10, 2014 at 11:32 am — Reply

Going against conventional wisdom here… Hermione does have some baggage, but not nearly as much as the Scarlet Witch… so, I think she (Hermione) wouldn’t have a flashback everytime something else happened. So, I think it would be close, but in the end Hermione a very narrow 4-3 win…

2. June 10, 2014 at 11:48 am — Reply

Given what we have seen from Wanda and her reality warping abilities, not to mention her other powers, she is both powerful and unpredictable. I think she simply says, “No more Rowlings.” And poof.

3. stellarleader
    June 10, 2014 at 11:58 am — Reply

This is unfair, Wanda’s ‘reality warping’ powers are way more potent than any magic ever displayed on the Harry Potter universe! So yeah, I voted for Scarlet Witch.

This made me think, are there any comic book magicians that have any sort of definition for their powers? Or are all of them capable of doing pretty much anything?

4. June 10, 2014 at 11:58 am — Reply

Hermoine is pretty damn clever.

5. Ryan rieger
    June 10, 2014 at 12:10 pm — Reply

I voted for scarlet witch as well, but only because darn marvel made her powers near omega level when’s he’s sane, and one of the most dangerous people on the planet when’s she closer to insanity and hermoine can’t deal with that either way.

6. Russ Catt
    June 10, 2014 at 12:26 pm — Reply

Is the scarlet witch actually a magic-type character? Does she have a power set beyond her mutant abilities?
    I know that Wanda’s powers can be pretty OP depending on the writer, but the Rowling-verse’s magic can do some pretty stupendous things too.
    I vote Hermione with a well-timed ‘Obliviate’ spell.

7. Kirby
    June 10, 2014 at 12:26 pm — Reply

Scarlet Witch’s seriously undefined magic set wins over HPU’s slightly more defined magic.

8. June 10, 2014 at 12:28 pm — Reply

Once again, the bias against fun characters appears, as the arguments for Wanda are pretty much the same ones for Sabrina last week, with different results. Hmmm… >:\

• Kirby
      June 10, 2014 at 1:04 pm — Reply

My hypocrisy breaks down to does poor definition usually work in favor or against character in my mind.

• June 10, 2014 at 3:17 pm — Reply

Maybe I’m just a jerk, but I grew up in Lovely Cleveland… we always root for the under dawg…

• starks scraps
      June 10, 2014 at 3:59 pm — Reply

Hey! I voted Sabrina last week. Her main weakness in that poll was that Hermoine is far more popular and not as many people follow Archie.

• Cat Halo
      June 10, 2014 at 6:07 pm — Reply

You and me against the world!!

9. Spiderlover
    June 10, 2014 at 12:32 pm — Reply

Scarlet witch can warp reality… Ms. Granger could go mean and make fun of scarlet for being nuts like her dad. Nope on second thought it’s all scarlet witch for the win.

10. Law
    June 10, 2014 at 5:06 pm — Reply

Alter reality to do whatever you want? Come on, Scarlet Witch has been Marvel’s Dues Ex Machina since Bendis showed up, there’s no way Hermie can handle power on that scale. I know you all said Sabrina has powers on that scale as well, but she is a “silly” character played for laughs. Scarlet Witch is a super hero, which means battles with real (marvel) consequences. It’s like Kitty Pryde vs Dark Phoenix from that What If…

11. gary
    June 10, 2014 at 5:16 pm — Reply

I vote Hermoine because Emma Watson. All other arguments are invalid.

12. Daniel Langsdale
    June 10, 2014 at 5:31 pm — Reply

Since Scarlet Witch is a mutant, and not a magician, it’s got to be Hermione all the way in a magician battle

• June 10, 2014 at 10:57 pm — Reply

Yeah I wonder what the result would have been if they had selected Zatanna instead of Scarlet Witch

13. Cat Halo
    June 10, 2014 at 6:05 pm — Reply

Scarlet Witch. The kid would be destroyed. She shouldn’t have got by Sabrina, but this time she faces similarly mental levels of power, only now they’re honed and focused. I say again…The kid would be destroyed. Seriously!

14. Scale_e
    June 12, 2014 at 6:40 am — Reply

Intuitive, God like, reality distorting powers versus complicated wand waving and pronunciation.
    Scarlet Witch wins before Hermione even knows there’s a fight going on.

15. Oldcomicfan
    June 12, 2014 at 7:51 am — Reply

I voted for Scarlet Witch, mostly because she’s been around a lot longer than Hermione and has a more powerful skill set. Greater Power and more experience will blow youthful enthusiasm out of the water any day of the week. After all, in real life, you don’t see Little Leaguers striking out Major League All-Stars… ever… now if it was a contest about who would garner the most dates among fanboys, Hermione would probably stand a better chance.

16. Jeremy
    June 17, 2014 at 9:16 am — Reply

I voted Hermione, mostly because I feel Scarlet Witch’s powers are a little unpredictable.