Today’s image is of a Ferrari Millenio, a car taken directly from the mind of my 12-year-old self and given form by automotive designer Marko Petrivic.  Equal parts Batmobile, Speed Racer’s Mach 5 and Hot Wheels car, it’s exactly the car that I would drive if I had the scratch and would fit in the driver compartment.  Interestingly, my most recent vehicle, a turn-of-the-century Chrysler LHS, is the first car that I’ve actually CHOSEN to purchase, rather than just buying what is available in my meager price range, and it has a little bit in common with that Ferrari, like… Um… wheels… and… being red.  Also, wheels, and even the same number of them, which leads us to today’s high-octane query…

The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”) also wouldn’t mind getting behind the wheel of the Millennium Falcon, but probably couldn’t keep a straight face about the ‘parsecs’ business, asking: What land vehicle, real or fictional, would be your ultimate dream ride?

Matthew Peterson

Matthew Peterson

And a nice red uniform.

E3: Marvel Heroes 2015 launches

Tiny Titans: Return To The Treehouse #1 (Of 6) Review

1. June 9, 2014 at 11:52 am — Reply

I’d have to go with Lola from the MCU

2. June 9, 2014 at 1:32 pm — Reply

A-Team van or Mad Max’s car in Road Warrior.

3. gary
    June 9, 2014 at 1:59 pm — Reply

A worm from Dune.

Go big or go home!!!

• June 9, 2014 at 2:14 pm — Reply

As long as the “Maker Hook” is not a extra cost add-on, I’m on-board.

4. June 9, 2014 at 2:04 pm — Reply

For me it would be he Motorcycle/Helicopter from M.A.S.K.

It is totally 2 death traps in one, but man that would be some fun times.

5. Javier
    June 9, 2014 at 3:19 pm — Reply

I feel lame for just wanting Magnum’s Ferrari 308, but I just need a ride that looks cool. A 007 Aston would do it too.

• Kirby
      June 9, 2014 at 4:26 pm — Reply

Not bad choices. Me, I’d take a Delorean. I don’t care how bad the car actually is, I just want to be able to open the doors, run to the nearest person and say “You did send me back, but now I’ve got to get Back to the Future!”

6. Mike
    June 9, 2014 at 3:28 pm — Reply

Thundercougarfalconbird!

7. June 9, 2014 at 4:47 pm — Reply

One of the bikes from Akira. Those things are so badass.

Or, more unrealistically, a rocket sled from Flash Gordon.

8. Hannah Jones
    June 9, 2014 at 5:10 pm — Reply

Probably either Fenrir(Cloud’s Bike) from Advent Children or Sweet J. P.’s Trans-Am.

9. June 9, 2014 at 5:45 pm — Reply

For something in the semi-realistic range, I’ll have to go with my dream car, Ecto-1. I had actually at one point been working to create a replica, but some nasty RL issues (including medical bills and that pesky need to eat to survive) made me have to sell it. I just don’t have the will (let alone the funds) to start over from scratch after all that work I put into it, and I doubt I’d be lucky enough to find another of the same car for such a low price for the condition it was in either.

Alternately, I wouldn’t mind a DeLorean. Even without the Flux Capacitor and the other time machine parts, it is a pretty spiffy looking ride.

For something more out there, I’d love to have am X-34 Landspeeder like Luke had in Star Wars (I figure that while they do hover, they should count as a ground vehicle since the hover mechanics only allow them to be so far off the ground and they aren’t capable of flight like more advanced Airspeeders).

10. Wolfe
    June 10, 2014 at 12:55 am — Reply

I’m going with a Tron light cycle. Walk outside, take the light bar out of your pocket, INSTANT BADASS MOTORCYCLE! And it has a built-in tailgater deterrent.

11. Doctor Dinosaur
    June 10, 2014 at 2:27 am — Reply

Real or fictional? How do I choose between a Jaguar E-Type and a Batmobile?

12. Gehrigan
    June 10, 2014 at 6:58 am — Reply

The last of the V8 Interceptors. I cried when it exploded.