Even though the MPAA decided to ban the new Sin City: A Dame to Kill For Eva Green poster, Robert Rodriguez decided to go to Twitter so that all the fans could see it!

Here is the banned Eva Green as Ava Lord poster that the MPAA decided couldn’t be shown in theaters. I assume that because I honestly had no idea that had a say on posters.

As far as posters go, that honestly is the most revealing poster I have ever seen; however, it isn’t surprising after having seen the rest of the promotional material that has been used for A Dame to Kill For. And thankfully there is a wonderful tool called that Internet that the MPAA can’t stop Robert Rodriguez from using to show this wonderful image off.

What do you think about the MPAA’s ban on this poster? Does it really matter since we see more posters online than we ever do in the theater? Leave your thoughts in the comments below!

via Robert Rodriguez

Zach Woolf

Zach Woolf

Zach is a recent college graduate who’s love for consuming media is surpassed only by his love for creating it. He has a firm belief that if we could all just play with LEGOs for 30 minutes a day the world would be a better place. If those two statements don’t tell you everything you need to know about Zach, follow him on Twitter at @zwoolf.

The World of Rot and Ruin debuts in September

SNEAK PEEK: Savage Hulk #1

1. Dave
    May 30, 2014 at 7:29 am — Reply

I’d buy that for a dollar. ☺

2. May 30, 2014 at 7:40 am — Reply

I like it.

3. Oldcomicfan
    May 30, 2014 at 8:40 am — Reply

It just shows the hypocrisy of the industry – you can turn on any TV channel in prime time and see something much racier. And HBO shows much more than I ever saw in a theater. Heck, you’ll see more boobage on a National Geographic special. I congratulate the artist for not taking such arbitrary censorship laying down and posting the image for the world to see.

• websnap
      May 30, 2014 at 9:35 am — Reply

I think the issue is not that there isn’t racier stuff out there, but that since these posters line the entrance halls for other movies it may not be appropriate for general audiences. As to your comparison of this poster to what can be viewed on tv, parents/guardians can choose to change the channel (and generally warned that said scenes are about to appear) – there is only one hallway that leads to the Lego movie after you have bought the ticket.

It’s a great poster, but not for general usage.

4. Robin
    May 30, 2014 at 8:42 am — Reply

Its a pretty cool poster, but ts understandable why the MPAA would decide to ban it.

5. Dan
    May 30, 2014 at 9:11 am — Reply

damn. that is some fantastic….color grading.

6. mark
    May 30, 2014 at 1:32 pm — Reply

My god the lack of anything worth a ban is stunning

If you look super close you may make out a nipple, so damn shocking I may faint…

7. b003
    May 31, 2014 at 8:56 pm — Reply

Sexy but..must be the way it’s lit. Her face looked better in the Dark Shadows movie.