According to people who talk on the internet, it’s the best time to be a fan of superheroes, what with the massive cornucopia of movies over the next few years.  Having lived through the early-90s superhero binge that came post ‘Batman’, I’m naturally a bit skeptical, but also kind of excited to see the ‘Dawn Of Justice’ as less Superman sequel and more prelude to a Justice League franchise, even if the film ends up being a straight Frank Miller adaptation.  I honestly hope that it’s a sterling blockbuster and that all hell breaks loose in DC movie-making the same way it has for Marvel, because it’s the only way I’m going to get that Ultra, The Multi-Alien movie featuring the voice of Al Yankovic that I’m Jonesing for.  The prospect of seeing Wonder Woman and Cyborg in action is exciting enough, imagine how cool it would be for the likes of Animal Man, Power Girl, or (dare I hope?) The Legion of Super-Heroes!  Sure, cynical jerks will always say that it can’t be done, but that’s what cynical jerks ALWAYS say, which leads us to today’s query…

The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”) cannot even breathe considering the possibility of a live-action version of the Wolfman/Perez ‘New Teen Titans’, asking: What comic character would you most love to see in their own movie?

Matthew Peterson

Matthew Peterson

And a nice red uniform.

Wayne’s Comics #130: Christopher Sebela, Ibrahim Moustafa and J.K. Woodward

A new Master Chief statue arrives in November

1. Kirby
    May 25, 2014 at 12:17 pm — Reply

The Legion of Super-Heroes would be amazing. I’d also like to see an Etrigan movie, you could go a couple different ways with that. Same with Deadman. I’d love a Ralph & Sue movie, ala Thin Man, but with superpowers, and less drinking.

2. May 25, 2014 at 12:38 pm — Reply

Plastic Man has been neglected in all media far too long. I’ll take a guest appearance in a book at this point. But a movie would have me in heaven.

3. Ghaleonx5z
    May 25, 2014 at 12:43 pm — Reply

It’ll always be my answer until it finally happens, Booster Gold.

4. May 25, 2014 at 1:56 pm — Reply

I wouldn’t mind another stab at Green Lantern, maybe with John Steward instead of Hal.

5. May 25, 2014 at 2:08 pm — Reply

I know it will probably never happen, but I’d love to see a movie about Jade and Obsidian, the kids of the original Green Lantern Alan Scott.

I’d also love to see a live-action film that adapts when Kyle Rayner became the sole Green Lantern. They could do a cold open with Ganthet narrating the events that led up to the death of the rest of the Guardians and the destruction of the GL Corps by Hal Jordan, which would help set up the rest of the story.

6. Cody
    May 25, 2014 at 6:01 pm — Reply

A Booster Gold and Blue Beetle buddy action comedy.

7. Jason Leclair
    May 25, 2014 at 7:02 pm — Reply

I would like to see captain marvel, or shazam as he is called now. Do the whole kid who gets powers.

Or the new blue beetle. the alien armor on a kid trying to deal with it.

8. Daniel Langsdale
    May 25, 2014 at 9:26 pm — Reply

I know it’s a group, not a character, but I’d love to see the old Marvel “Strikeforce: Morituri” given Hollywood treatment. I think that the root concept would work well in a blockbuster movie format. (For those who aren’t familiar: alien invasion of Earth fought off by volunteer soldiers given super powers by a process guaranteed to kill them in less than a year)

For a single character story, I’ll go with Marvel’s Nomad (Jack Monroe). Keeping in baby Bucky is key, then get someone like Channing Tatum to do the title role, and you could have a silly-fun action flick. Heck, with a few plot twists, you could even do this with the Winter Soldier character.

-Dan’L

9. Ron
    May 26, 2014 at 8:21 pm — Reply

“The Two Worlds of Adam Strange” would be a pretty cool movie title, featuring, of course, Adam Strange.

10. XDude
    June 2, 2014 at 10:51 pm — Reply

Since I really liked Captain America: The First Avenger, I would like to see a JSA movie done in a similar fashion.