There’s an old saying among my people: Life’s too short to be bored.  As an aficionado of old comics, I occasionally like to bust out my favorite stories and re-read the likes of Miracleman #15, X-Men #141 and the first dozen issues of Justice League International.  If I get to feelin’ really down, I will usually press play on the last 20 minutes of ‘The Black Hole’ or the equally energizing final smackdown episode of Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger.  (Sadly, my copy of ‘Mayhem Of The Music Meister’ went away when the tuner on my cable DVR toasted this spring, or it’d be in rotation as well.)  Though I’m aware not everyone shares my ability to repeatedly revisit my favorite media, it’s interesting to know what sort of Crowning Moments Of Awesome I’m not aware of, which leads into today’s query…

The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”)  is a sucker for the time The Flash tapped into the speed force to single-handedly defeat the Luthor/Brainiac team, who had stymied ALL of his team-mates, asking: What’s the most invigorating, repeatable “Hell, YEAH!” moment in your favorite pop culture?

Matthew Peterson

Matthew Peterson

And a nice red uniform.

Wolfpack Clone Trooper: 104th Battalion from Sideshow Collectibles

Eren Yeager ArtFX statue revealed!

1. May 24, 2014 at 12:31 pm — Reply

10 years before Gokaiger, in the 25th anniversary special movie “Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger vs. Super Sentai” when all the past red warriors up to that point show up to help in the battle.

The rest of the movie was pretty so-so (with the exception of Big One, who is always awesome even as an old dude), but all the red warriors appearing still gives me a feeling of “OHMYGODTHATISAWESOME!”

• May 25, 2014 at 9:47 pm — Reply

Yeah, even with the questionable sound editing in play, that was pretty amazing…

2. TheGreatNateO
    May 24, 2014 at 12:31 pm — Reply

I have three scenes that comes to mind right on top of my head. all movies of course

1. The part of the Avengers when the Hulk transforms gracefully and and accepts who he is then punches the big flyin space worm.

2. Iron Giant when he destroys the missile, Niagara Falls.

And the best for last

3. Hello my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father prepare to die. I want my father back to you son of a B….

3. Requiro
    May 24, 2014 at 12:58 pm — Reply

1. The first two books from the first Anihilation series
    2. In the first Transformers movie (I know wasn’t so great) but the moment that Sam meets Bumblebee for the first time

4. hirimno
    May 24, 2014 at 3:30 pm — Reply

Yippie ay yea …. from die hard
    And the initial interrogation scene with joules in pulp fiction

5. Oldcomicfan
    May 25, 2014 at 5:48 am — Reply

In the movie Gettysburg, when Col. Chamberlin’s men are out of ammo after beating off repeated attacks on Little Round Top fix bayonets and charge the rebel line and win the day. Then there’s the launch scene and the splashdown scene in Apollo 13 (you had to have watched the real events on TV back in the day to really appreciate the movie version). And I always liked the scene in The Undiscovered Country when the Excelsior is struck by the blast wave after the explosion of Praxis and the ship gets tossed around like a rubber duck in a Tsunami – and Captain Sulu shouts “Turn her into the wave!” Sadly, they edited the scene to a mere glimpse of the ship being tossed about on the video and DVD release compared to the theatrical release.

6. Rob
    May 25, 2014 at 9:07 am — Reply

Rory/ the last centurion confronting the cybermen.
    I have a question and a message, the message is from the Doctor the message I from me. My question is this; where is my wife!?

What is the message?

MASSIVE KABOOM!

Would you like to hear the question again?

• May 25, 2014 at 1:46 pm — Reply

I thought about that a little while ago and thought “Why didn’t I put that as my choice?”.