Among the most impressive feats of Disney’s 2012 video-game love-letter ‘Wreck-It Ralph’ (other than getting so many real video game characters to cameo) came in the clever details of the titular character’s own home game.  As an old guy who played in many an early-80s arcade, there was an authenticity to Ralph’s world that really sold the movie’s concept, but the most fascinating bit of all was in the magic hammer of Fix-It Felix, Jr.  It’s ability to “fix” anything, regardless of logic or physics, may be the most impressive super-power of all time, right up there with time-travel and eating all matter.  I can’t think of a cooler video game ability, but luckily you Faithful Spoilerites know more than me, which leads into today’s pixelated query…

The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”) also wouldn’t mind Niko Belic’s abilty to suddenly have any item that he owns materialize in his hands, although that may be more of programming limitation than a power, asking: If you could have any one video-game related ability, which one would you choose and why?

Matthew Peterson

Matthew Peterson

And a nice red uniform.

SNEAK PEEK: Original Sin #4

Jason gets a gender swap and statue from Kotobukiya

1. Ryan Roeger
    May 23, 2014 at 11:41 am — Reply

I would have to say Kirby’s vacuum power in Kirby’s dreamland. With it you both destroyed enemies and took a portion of their power. Super sweet game as well.

2. Starks Scraps
    May 23, 2014 at 1:46 pm — Reply

Can I just have extra guys? Does that count? Hit by a bus? Free guy! Fall down and endless pit that exists for no reason? Free guy! Touch a small amount of water with my toes? FREE GUY! Either that or Mega Man’s dog Rush.

Oh wait, th eone power I would love to have is the Red Wizard’s Power to Need Food… Badly.

3. May 23, 2014 at 2:26 pm — Reply

The Power of the Long Straight Piece in Tetris. It allows you to eliminate a pile of mistakes, and give you some breathing room for your next round of foul-ups!

4. Kirby
    May 23, 2014 at 2:50 pm — Reply

Despite years of being teased because of it, I’m also going to go with Kirby’s copy ability. I like the idea of being able to change at a moment’s notice to adapt to the situation.

5. May 24, 2014 at 2:57 am — Reply

Does having a Digimon partner count? Technically the franchise did start as games, but I’m not sure if it counts as an ability/power to have your own Digimon.

Otherwise, I’ll take just about any of the various summoning abilities from the Final Fantasy franchise to use against my enemies and those pesky door-to-door sales people who stop by at ungodly hours of the morning.

6. b003
    May 27, 2014 at 7:31 pm — Reply

Satan’s Hollow, Rygar, Virtual Fighter, Robotron, that co op space one like Gauntlet, and I agree with Scrapsextra lives ftw.