The next big X-Men movie arrives in theaters this week, and all signs point to the film being a return to really good X-Men movies.  As the big summer movie flood continues, I wonder if you’ll see this movie on opening weekend?

Will you see X-Men: Days of Future Past on opening weekend?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

First appearance of Wolverine breaks single page record

SNEAK PEEK: Translucid #2

1. May 20, 2014 at 11:29 am — Reply

I’m going to see it, but there’s no way I’m going near anything its opening weekend. Not that keen on stifling crowds, even at earlier showings.

2. May 20, 2014 at 11:40 am — Reply

I have turned into a bit of a hermit it would seem. No desire to see any of these blockbuster movies in theatres, I will just wait for the Blu Ray and watch them in the comfort of my house.

3. David Schmuck (yes, really)
    May 20, 2014 at 11:43 am — Reply

The cost is what kills any thought of going to see movies in the theatre. My family of 5 would cost $50 just to get in.

• May 20, 2014 at 2:08 pm — Reply

Same here, the cost is the biggest reason I rarely see movies in theaters, although there are other reasons. Unless someone is taking me out to a movie as a gift (like for my birthday) or I’ve gotten a free ticket voucher/card/whatever, I just cannot justify the cost of going to see movies in theaters except for occasionally going to see something at the cheap theater (usually plays older movies that are already out on DVD or that are several years old, with a ticket being only about $2 – $5 depending on day, time and certain other factors). Even movies I really want to see usually have to wait until they come out on DVD.

4. JoeM
    May 20, 2014 at 11:47 am — Reply

ok, I voted yes, but… Although that is my intention I do have to balance the Wonderful Wife, the Fantastic Five-year-old, soccer practice, and sleep. So… I hope so. I really want to.

5. May 20, 2014 at 11:53 am — Reply

I vote no. Being this movie is going to turn into the Wolverine/Mystique show with all the other characters as glorified cameos.

6. May 20, 2014 at 12:08 pm — Reply

I’ll see it eventually, but not opening weekend. There are very few movies that I will do that for anymore.

7. HipHopHead
    May 20, 2014 at 12:08 pm — Reply

I agree with Pearce 100%. As much I liked the reboot with X-Men:First Class…this is not a MUST SEE on opening weekend.

8. Jason and I are going to a 10pm early screening and we’ve had our tickets for weeks. The trailers have given me a lot of hope and I desperately need this X-Men movie to be good.

9. Hannah Jones
    May 20, 2014 at 12:10 pm — Reply

I don’t do opening weekends. I can’t deal with crowds if teenagers and people who don’t know how to use the phrase “exuse me”.

10. litanyofthieves
    May 20, 2014 at 12:16 pm — Reply

I’m not quite as crowd-phobic as most people here, but time is a huge factor for me with my job, so I’m probably not going to see it til after opening weekend.

11. Ingrid
    May 20, 2014 at 12:37 pm — Reply

While I definitely want to see this one, I just don’t want to deal with crowds. I will be twisting my dear husband’s arm to go with me while it’s still in theaters though.

12. May 20, 2014 at 12:43 pm — Reply

No, for the most part I am really am not a fan of theaters. I already went to see the Lego Movie and Cap. I will probably save up the next theater time for GoG

13. May 20, 2014 at 12:52 pm — Reply

Just can’t do opening weekend for big crowd movies. I will be seeing this the second weekend, however.

14. GeorgeDubya
    May 20, 2014 at 1:03 pm — Reply

I will, namely because a buddy just called and said he wants to see it on Friday. My expectations for it are rather low (the latest Wolverine movie is one of the only movies I’ve ever left a theater during), which is sad considering how much I like several of the actors and how much I like the characters.

15. May 20, 2014 at 1:06 pm — Reply

I’d go see it, but this is not a pay week and funds are allocated for other things.

16. May 20, 2014 at 1:21 pm — Reply

Voted no, but I’m on the fence. Maybe I’ll go see a matinee Friday, but I’m not really interested in the movie past “hey, comic book movie!” so we’ll see.

17. gary
    May 20, 2014 at 2:35 pm — Reply

I wouldn’t mind it, just too much other stuff going on.

18. May 20, 2014 at 3:37 pm — Reply

It would be cool to go see it opening weekend, but my life just doesn’t allow for that anymore. I am just hoping to be able to see it in the theater.

19. Kirby
    May 20, 2014 at 4:32 pm — Reply

Gonna go with no, really disappointed that they brought a lot of the older cast back. I’ll watch it eventually, but I didn’t even really like Singer’s previous entries in the series.

20. Daniel Langsdale
    May 20, 2014 at 10:57 pm — Reply

I want to see it opening weekend, but had to vote “no” since visiting family for the holiday weekend means I’ll be otherwise occupied.

21. May 21, 2014 at 9:48 am — Reply

Went and saw Cap 2, Spiderman2, and Godzilla opening weekends, not going to break the streak this week going on Friday!

22. b003
    May 21, 2014 at 8:54 pm — Reply

I have no choice, I always criticize these movies (Ultimates Universe) from an informed point of view. I don’t think it will be good and I’m probably right.
    So this was the last Spiderman under Sony right?