This week, the latest incarnation of Godzilla arrives in theaters.  There are a number of giant monsters that have crawled out of the waters (or fell from the sky, or climbed out of some crevasse), and everyone has their favorite.

Which cover do you like most? (Comment Here)

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

SNEAK PEEK: The Red Star, Vol. 1

SNEAK PEEK: Adventure Time: Candy Capers

1. May 13, 2014 at 11:29 am — Reply

Gamera is really neat!
    He is filled with turtle meat!
    We all love him, Gaaaaamerrraaaaa!

Yeah, my vote went to Gamera. Between the run of movies on MST3k & the surprisingly good 90s films, he’ll always be my favorite kaiju. Also, he never teamed with an Ultraman knock-off.

2. Niklas Wiklund
    May 13, 2014 at 11:30 am — Reply

I went with Gamera becuase in that picture it looks like he just stubbed his toe and I feel bad for him.

3. Ingrid
    May 13, 2014 at 11:31 am — Reply

I’ve got to go with Godzilla. Those spiky things on his back, the radiation (or electricity – hard to tell by special effects) breath, his masterful technique at slugging other monsters around… Yeah, he’s my pick.

4. May 13, 2014 at 11:32 am — Reply

Do spinoffs like MechaGodzilla count? Because if so, I am voting for MechaGodzilla.

• May 17, 2014 at 2:02 pm — Reply

Technically you could choose Godzilla for that since in one version MechaGodzilla originally appeared in disguise as Godzilla, and in another it was built with the bones of the original Godzilla.

5. May 13, 2014 at 11:32 am — Reply

It’s hard not to go with the king, Godzilla.

6. May 13, 2014 at 11:36 am — Reply

Gamera by far is my is my favorite, he is a freaken flying turtle that should be enough. But he is the triple threat – Land, Sea, and Air!!!

7. Kirby
    May 13, 2014 at 12:07 pm — Reply

Gamera! Guardian of the Universe! Attack of Legion! Revenge of Iris! All classic pieces of cinema right there. Plus I have a preference for turtles, and Gamera has the widest range of attacks. He can spin around like a flaming chainsaw, just fly around with his hind legs in & fight with front legs & head, classic fireball attacks, and the giga cannon technique from Attack of Legion.

8. Pete
    May 13, 2014 at 12:40 pm — Reply

I’m singing along with Mela. It’s Gamera. Godzilla had some great scenes – like the tail slide in Terror of Mechagodzilla – but Gamera has an emotional depth and presence Godzilla can’t match. Add to that Gamera’s incredible range of facial expressions, almost on the level of Jim Carrey at his best, and you have a clear winner.

9. Russ Catt
    May 13, 2014 at 12:40 pm — Reply

Mecha-Godzilla is my ultimate favourite, for some reason.

• May 13, 2014 at 5:32 pm — Reply

For some reason!? MechaGodzilla is the best because he is greater than the sum of his parts. Part Massive city-destroying monster, part cold, calculating robot, all awesome.

10. Neckbeard
    May 13, 2014 at 1:48 pm — Reply

I voted other. Though it doesn’t really fit the giant monster motif, my favorite “man-in-a-rubber-suit” monster has got to be the Predator.

11. May 13, 2014 at 3:49 pm — Reply

Godzilla by a nose…

Godzilla is the champ, and the standard by which all other giant monsters are judged (and found lacking).

12. May 13, 2014 at 3:58 pm — Reply

Robert Smith as Mothra.

13. May 13, 2014 at 5:50 pm — Reply

I was really torn between Gamera and Mothra, since I have a deep fondness for both. In the end, though, I had to go with Mothra. I shouldn’t be so surprised since I have more Mothra collectibles than any other giant monster (although to be fair, it is a bit harder to find Gamera collectibles. Not impossible, just a bit harder), with my Mothra collection fairly close to rivaling my Super Sentai collection (only if you don’t count Ranger Keys individually, otherwise that would be my largest collection).

14. clubberlang6
    May 13, 2014 at 6:17 pm — Reply

. AHA shazam!!!! . I really like those lizard people from the original miniseries. it looks like they wore rubbersuits¡!

• clubberlang6
      May 13, 2014 at 6:18 pm — Reply

I meant to say “v” miniseries.

15. HipHopHead
    May 14, 2014 at 7:01 am — Reply

GOJIRA!!!!!!

From a radioactive prehistoric dinosaur to the ultimate Kaiju. Godzilla was the first and the greatest of the giant monsters.