The first look at the new Batmobile has arrived from Zack Snyder – and he threw in the first look at Ben Affleck as Batman!

Though this isn’t supposed to be an adaption of The Dark Knight Returns, the short ears, fat Batman symbol, and all black costume (granted, this is a black and white image) does make it feel like we are looking at a much older, stockier vigilante.

3hRU6px

That one is the official release, below, I’ve tweaked contract and brightness a bit so you can see more detail in the suit.

3hRU6pxBRIGHTNESSCONTRAST

There’s a comment section below… you know what to do.

via Variety and Zack Snyder

SNEAK PEEK: Adventure Time: Candy Capers

Black Widow #6 Review

1. gary
    May 13, 2014 at 12:31 pm — Reply

I’m not really sure what I expected. But, it looks about as good as I could hope. I’m still super skeptical about Afleck, but… we’ll see.

2. May 13, 2014 at 12:33 pm — Reply

Remember when we were kids and you knew next to nothing about a movie until you maybe saw the trailer a couple months before it came out? Part of me misses those days. Everything is hyped so much, it’s hard for anything to live up to expectations.

• Neckbeard
      May 13, 2014 at 2:02 pm — Reply

I totally agree. I saw the Michael Keaton Batman in the theater and didn’t know what to expect and was blown away. I feel more let down these days partially because of the expectations that come from the movie trailers. I’m looking at you “Rise of the Silver Surfer.”

3. May 13, 2014 at 12:38 pm — Reply

This is awesome. I saw a filtret picture where the colors stood more out, and its straight out of Dark Knight.
    Giving Zack Snyder the Man of Steel movie was off course a big mistake. But letting him do Batman could be the best thing ever.
    Keep calm and trust Zack.

• May 13, 2014 at 1:15 pm — Reply

I don’t trust creators unless and until they’ve earned it. Snyder is a creative loose cannon… :)

• May 13, 2014 at 1:17 pm — Reply

I choose hit-or-miss any day over plain and predictable :)

4. Frank
    May 13, 2014 at 12:45 pm — Reply

@Derek I saw both Star Wars and Raiders with no idea what they were – not even a trailer. Needless to say, I was blown away.
    E.T., on the other hand I saw many months later after hearing all the news and reviews about it. I was less than impressed.

Affleck’s costume looks decent. At least it isn’t like Batman Forever.

5. Neckbeard
    May 13, 2014 at 1:57 pm — Reply

I find my self not caring as much about Affleck. He’ll be fine; or he won’t. Just show us more Batmobile, please!

6. Doctor Dinosaur
    May 14, 2014 at 4:02 am — Reply

Weird to see the short Miller/Lee ears on a live action costume.

7. Oldcomicfan
    May 14, 2014 at 6:39 am — Reply

Well, at least there are no Bat Nipples on the Bat Suit. I still thing the George Barris Batmobile is the best Batmobile ever, although I thought it a shame that he had cut up a unique automobile to build it. But recently I saw some pixs of the Lincoln Futura in its degraded condition before he converted the thing into a work of art. I still have my doubts about Ben Afleck as Batman, it still smacks of Stunt Casting. But when Snyder chose Henry Cavill as Supes, I also thought “Henry Who?” and he turned out to be an inspired choice. By the way, I still thought that Man of Steel was an excellent movie, and I had no problem with the death of Zod (which was in the comics, by the way) nor all the property damage. Sure, it wasn’t the Golden Age Supes (which we got with those corny Reeves flicks – yuck!) but I suspect that the naysayers wouldn’t have been happy no matter what appeared on the screen. Then again, I seem to be the only person on the planet who liked Superman Returns as well.

• May 14, 2014 at 10:32 am — Reply

Christopher Reeve was movie Superman.

George Reeves was 50s TV Superman.

8. Dan
    May 14, 2014 at 8:08 am — Reply

As divisive as Jim Lee is around here, I’m really glad I’m seeing the live action version of that Batman. I dunno, i grew up an asian kid, and awesome asian role models in the US in the 80’s and early 90’s were pretty few and far between. It was Bruce Lee and Jim Lee. Maybe it’s that connection that makes me love this costume design a little more than rationality dictates.

9. HipHopHead
    May 16, 2014 at 11:48 am — Reply

Georgie Porgie puddin’ pie would kiss the girls and make them cry