We have seen an image or two but now we can see the characters in action as NBC has released the first trailer for Constantine.

Well, what are you thinking? Is this the direction you were expecting Constantine to take? Is it what you want? Will you be tuning in on Friday nights? Give your thoughts on the latest DC television show in the comments below.

via NBC

Zach Woolf

Zach Woolf

Zach is a recent college graduate who’s love for consuming media is surpassed only by his love for creating it. He has a firm belief that if we could all just play with LEGOs for 30 minutes a day the world would be a better place. If those two statements don’t tell you everything you need to know about Zach, follow him on Twitter at @zwoolf.

Retro Review: Superman #233 (January 1971)

Diamond Select Toys announces Marvel Retro Line

1. mark
    May 11, 2014 at 3:28 pm — Reply

I’d know but it’s region locked to the US so I being a brit can’t tell you if they have butchered him or not

2. Taylor Forbes
    May 11, 2014 at 3:34 pm — Reply

Interesting. I’ll give it a couple shows to pull me in.

3. May 11, 2014 at 3:48 pm — Reply

can’t understand why they region lock trailers… it makes no sense! it’s a trailer! hopefully it’ll be available to watch here soon :(

4. Kirby
    May 11, 2014 at 4:28 pm — Reply

I think this looks all right, I am really sad that he isn’t smoking like a chimney, and that’s probably network interference, as well as the culture we live in, but that’s another day’s discussion. I think the guy has the look and general attitude right.

5. May 11, 2014 at 4:34 pm — Reply

This looks promising.

6. Randy
    May 11, 2014 at 4:38 pm — Reply

I never read the series, only know the character from other guest appearances and cross over events. So as an ‘outsider’, I think the trailer did exactly what NBC wanted, peak my interest just enough to say, “That looks kind of promising”

7. mark
    May 11, 2014 at 4:43 pm — Reply

seen it now… Apart from the lack of smoking yeah that’s John

Sold

• Hirimno
      May 11, 2014 at 8:06 pm — Reply

have to agree here. wonder how much of an anti-hero he’ll be

8. Arbor Day
    May 11, 2014 at 5:07 pm — Reply

The trailer itself was inconstant in tone and story, but the individual scenes showed a lot more promise.

9. Cody
    May 11, 2014 at 6:02 pm — Reply

This looks real interesting. I’ve never read any Constantine but I love supernatural stories.

10. May 11, 2014 at 10:11 pm — Reply

Looks fantastic and although I did like the movie this character seems to be much truer to the flavor of the comics.

11. Doctor Dinosaur
    May 12, 2014 at 12:20 am — Reply

Looks like fun, but there’s still a voice in my head whispering: “Imagine what this would have been like on FX, HBO, AMC, Cinemax or even Showtime”. Answer: Probably a whole lot more than just “fun”.

But obviously I need some fun in my life if I keep reacting this negatively to every single network offering, it’s a win/win anyway I watch and enjoy it or ignore it’s existence if it’s awful. It’s just this whole..”imagining what could have been..” problem I suffer from.. I’m obviously spoiled. There was a time with no comicbook films or TV, now there’s an announcement every month…

I do sort of wish all these shows weren’t all on ABC, NBC or Fox though..At the very least Constantine has to be a bit more punk than Jay Leno’s garage, ya know? But people like Blacklist and Hannibal so what the fuck do I know right?

Actually I like Hannibal as well but not in the way I think I’m intended to.. I kinda watch it the same way I would watch Arrested Development. It’s hilarious.

• Doctor Dinosaur
      May 12, 2014 at 12:23 am — Reply

Speaking of Hannibal, nice cameo there at the beginning. Frederick Chilton even more omnipresent than Amadeus Arkham it seems these days.

12. justanothergeek
    May 12, 2014 at 8:49 am — Reply

Not feeling it, is a little too much in your face, looks hokey.

13. b03
    May 12, 2014 at 9:37 pm — Reply

Looks better than shield.