We went to see The Amazing Spider-Man 2, and Rob, Stephen, Zach, and The Boy share their VERY SPOILERY thoughts and reactions to the movie.

WARNING: We’re serious – we spoil this movie. If you haven’t seen the movie, you should listen to this later.

Make sure you use the Major Spoilers Amazing Spider-Man 2 Talk Back to share your thoughts about the movie.

Peter Parker runs the gauntlet as the mysterious company Oscorp sends up a slew of supervillains against him, impacting on his life.

Zach on Film: 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)

TALK BACK: The Amazing Spider-Man 2

1. May 3, 2014 at 3:00 am — Reply

1. The boy did great. I quite enjoyed hearing his point of view on things.

2. I LOVED this movie. I heard a lot of negatives from critics, but I think a lot of them were unfounded. Complaints of villain bloat are, as Stephen points out, a bit overwrought. Rhino was used perfectly, but I think that Goblin was a bit rushed. Garfield and Stone are both great, and their chemistry is even better than it was in the first movie.

3. The climax of the film… I knew it was coming, but it still got to me. I’m not one to get emotional during movies, but ASM2 has earned the honor of being the third film that has ever made me cry.

2. May 3, 2014 at 4:19 am — Reply

I went in with no expectations. I thought it would suck though. I was hoping it wouldn’t. And it didn’t. I really liked it. I was on the edge of my seat at the climax thinking, “Are they gonna do it? Are they gonna do it?” And when things happened and I could relax my tensed muscles I was surprised they did it.

Aside from that. I really liked it. Took my wife with me. Never saw the first one and that was fine. She got the gist of the story anyway. She was wiping tears from her eyes at the scene. I was emotional, it was well acted but only teared up at a certain scene with Aunt May and Pete. All that history boiled down to how she felt about Pete. It was a really good movie.

• May 3, 2014 at 9:45 am — Reply

I can’t believe I forgot to talk about the big Aunt May/Peter scene! That was one of the best scenes in the whole movie.

3. May 3, 2014 at 8:33 am — Reply

Bring back “The boy” next podcast. I really love his perspective being a father of two boys myself.

4. Hirimno
    May 3, 2014 at 4:01 pm — Reply

I loved this episode and wwould love to hear more on movies and also hear the boy’s perspective on other fun movies like this. On a different note, the TMNT trailer actually made me want to see this movie, even with Michael Bay/Megan Fox attatched. It seems to have the fun and whimsy i remember from the cartoon.

5. jon
    May 5, 2014 at 8:40 pm — Reply

guys

although I dont share your enthusiastic assessment of the Amazing Spider-man 2, I thought the story itself was weak, it was a fun movie

The Boy was a good addition (at least for this type of movie) as a father of a son it warmed my heart to hear him

keep up the great work guys

6. May 6, 2014 at 1:48 pm — Reply

+1 for the kid!

7. May 6, 2014 at 3:03 pm — Reply

I liked the boy on the show. He was patient, polite and well spoken for his age. It’s kind of fun to hear things though a child’s perspective., I would enjoy more of his contribution on the show.

8. stellarleader
    May 8, 2014 at 9:45 am — Reply

I was really afraid that this movie would suck. I’m really glad it did not. I wouldn’t say I like it better than The Winter Soldier or Avengers, but it was still a pretty good movie (and definitely the best Spider-man movie so far). My only complain about it would be that Gwen’s death was way too telegraphed with her speech about embracing life at the beginning. But that is it. It felt really “comic-y” in pacing and dialogue, and I liked that.

And about The Boy, I really liked having him in the podcast, so you’ve got to bring him back sometime!
    And congratulations Stephen, your kid is really smart!