As all good meta-nerds are supposed to, I love me some Venture Bros.  Even though the series is created at a frustratingly glacial pace, the wait between seasons has so far been overcome by the quality of the material, and even the most minor characters have a life and charisma all their own.  That said, I’d love to see a series centered on the domestic life of The Monarch and Dr. Mrs. The Monarch, attempting to balance their day-to-day life of super-villainy with block parties and PTA meetings, especially one where no one actually acknowledges that they’re always in their villainous costumes.  With the creative team’s dry sense of humor, it could be the most wonderful cartoon series of all time, and its theoretical existence begs today’s conjectural query…

The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”) thinks that the idea of a Batman show without any Batman was a pretty good idea, except for the part where we get teenage versions of everyone we already know, asking: What character or characters would you most like to see spun off into their own series?

Matthew Peterson

Matthew Peterson

And a nice red uniform.

ComiXology removes in-app purchases with new iOS app

Cosplay Girls of Wondercon 2014

1. April 27, 2014 at 11:41 am — Reply

At the moment, I feel like I’ve got all the spinoffs I want. However, I would love to see Beryl Hutchinson (Squire) get a series. I thought I read that the Knight had been killed off in the New 52 and I haven’t seen much of Beryl, but I always thought she was a fun character. I’d love to see more of those wacky English villains.

2. Doctor Dinosaur
    April 27, 2014 at 12:51 pm — Reply

I would like a Batman Inc ongoing or mini .. But maybe not right now. Maybe when DC seem to have their shizzle together a bit more. But who could write it outside of Morrison? Maybe Kieron Gillen could get his first DC gig?

3. April 27, 2014 at 1:16 pm — Reply

I really wish the Aquaman spin-off had gotten off the ground. It had a lot of promise.

Other than that, I would KILL for a spin-off series based around Michael, the Knight of the Cross from the Dresden Files series. He’s a fantastic character, and I definitely want to know about the rest of his adventures.

4. April 27, 2014 at 2:58 pm — Reply

“The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”) thinks that the idea of a Batman show without any Batman was a pretty good idea, except for the part where we get teenage versions of everyone we already know”

Would you rather have another “Birds of Prey”? Granted, the ladies were pretty cute, but that wasn’t enough to make the show awesome.

I kinda want to see a movie series based around the Super Sentai character AkaRed. I don’t think a full TV series would work, but a series of movies similar to the VS films or Super Hero Taisen movies that show more of the character in action (though not an origin story or anything like that) would be pretty cool.

I’d also love to see the Green Lantern character G’nort get his own title. It would be a great way to have a comedy style comic while still set in the core DCU.

And I’ve always wanted to see a Star Trek Mirror Universe spinoff.

• April 27, 2014 at 8:17 pm — Reply

I would, indeed, rather see another Birds of Prey. I prefer when creators try something new, even if it falls apart, than give us endless variations or Disney Babies. The ‘Gotham’ show as it’s being presented (young Catwoman, young Bullock, young Bruce Wayne) reminds me of the pitches for ‘Gotham High’. My suspension of disbelief is already stretched as is, by the time we inevitably get to young Jack Napier (or whatever they call young Joker), I think the premise will be reach a breaking point. Hopefully, they’ll surprise me…

5. Ghaleonx5z
    April 27, 2014 at 4:42 pm — Reply

I’d agree that a show about the day to day stuff of The Monarch and Dr. Mrs. The Monarch would be hilarious.

While I can’t pick any specific character, I’d love to see a Farscape spinoff.

• April 27, 2014 at 6:53 pm — Reply

That is another thing I’d love to see, more “Farscape” stories even if it doesn’t include the original cast of characters. They built a pretty interesting universe and I’d love to see even more of it than what we’ve seen in the series, mini-series and comics.

6. Randallw
    April 28, 2014 at 8:25 am — Reply

They’re working on a new Farscape movie.