While DC Comics struggles to get its other non-Batman/Superman properties in the theaters, it has done okay getting live action television series to the networks. Each show has a unique theme that should conjure up vivid memories of the show. But what theme song is the best?

Who would win in a fight? (Comment Here)

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

SNEAK PEEK: Mice Templar IV: Legend #9

SNEAK PEEK: Godzilla: Rulers of Earth #11

1. April 22, 2014 at 11:29 am — Reply

This is one of the few times where I have to say Smallville. It’s theme song perfectly captured the character, and while sometimes it was annoying, I mostly watched every opening credits sequence of that series.

2. Joshua Irwin
    April 22, 2014 at 11:45 am — Reply

The batman ’66 theme is an iconic song… Adults and kids who have never seen the show can sing it for you. Plus it’s easy to remember all of the words

3. April 22, 2014 at 11:58 am — Reply

While I agree that the Batman and Wonder Woman theme shows are iconic, the question is which theme song I think is BEST. For me, the answer is the one that still remains on my iPod and is a regular in my playlist rotations. The Birds of Prey theme song, “Revolution” by Aimee Allen. My understanding is that this song was unfortunately replaced in the DVD boxed set due to licensing issues, but youtube will provide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx9TFVywQng

By the way, this song sounds amazing with my new Tweaked Audio headphones! Use the account code MAJOR at checkout to get 33% off! HUGE savings and great quality earbuds. Go Now!

• April 22, 2014 at 2:25 pm — Reply

“My understanding is that this song was unfortunately replaced in the DVD boxed set due to licensing issues”

Pity they couldn’t keep the song, I liked it better than the one on the DVDs.

I’m actually a little shocked by how often this has happened in the last few years with both DVD releases and syndication releases of some series. In some cases the change wasn’t a rights issue at all, they just change it for some unexplained reason.

4. April 22, 2014 at 12:09 pm — Reply

I’m going with Batman. There’s just something about that opening chord that puts me in the mood for some SOCK, POW, and ZOK! More so than any of the others that were more….”songs” than themes.

5. Russ Catt
    April 22, 2014 at 12:29 pm — Reply

Wonder Woman. It captured the spirit of the show. It isn’t “just a song” like some of the newer entrants and can exist away from it’s source material.
    Also, the song was a great anthem for the Women’s movement. It is a multifaceted cultural touchstone.

6. April 22, 2014 at 4:17 pm — Reply

I have to say Smallville had a great song. The show may not have been great, but that first season was at least new and interesting and that song really fit the character so well.

7. Law
    April 22, 2014 at 5:54 pm — Reply

It was tough between Batman and Wonder Woman but I went with WW because I still remember the words. That’s got to count for something…

8. Ingrid LJ
    April 22, 2014 at 10:22 pm — Reply

I thought long and hard about this one, and I just kept coming back to Batman. It’s iconic, it’s fun to sing along with, it’s fun to dance to, it’s still recognizable to many even this many years, nay, decades after the show. Biff! Pow! Batman! Na na na na na na….