For all the vitriol aimed at the David E. Kelley 2011 Wonder Woman pilot, I have to admit it would be pretty awesome to have seen the Amazing Amazon in her own weekly adventures.  Kelley’s show had a few problems (miscasting of the primary role being one of the largest, second only to a misunderstanding of the central character) that kept it from being a success, but a new Wonder Woman show is something I’d be on board for, as much as I’d like to see the live-action adventures of Moon Knight, the Teen Titans or Nexus.  (Assuming we can get decent casting for Horatio Hellpop…  I’d suggest John Francis Daly from ‘Freaks And Geeks’ and ‘Bones.)  With the upcoming (hopefully good) Netflix shows for Daredevil, Power Man and the rest proving that the producers and audience are both ready to move on comic properties, it seems like there’s no better time for today’s query…

The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”) thinks that a weekly serio-comic ‘Deadpool’ series combining the murky morality of ‘Breaking Bad’ with the slapstick violence of ‘The Walking Dead’ would be an easy sell as well, asking: What comic-book character would have you most psyched to watch their live-action weekly series?

Matthew Peterson

Matthew Peterson

And a nice red uniform.

Han Solo on Your Wall - The Want List #3.8

Supreme: Blue Rose #1 blooms this July from Image Comics

1. Ghaleonx5z
    April 21, 2014 at 11:39 am — Reply

If it was all done perfectly, Booster Gold. But I know doing it any kind of justice would be next to impossible.

2. April 21, 2014 at 12:37 pm — Reply

With the right creative team, I think a Green Lantern live action series would make for an amazing sci-fi series. The various aliens could be created with a mix of CGI, regular makeup on an actor and puppets (like those created by the Jim Henson Creature Shop for things like “Farscape”).

As much as I despise most teen drama, I actually think a series based on Archie would be pretty entertaining.

And speaking of teen drama, I think under the right creative team, a series based on “Infinity, Inc” would be awesome, and I’m not just saying that so we can get some cute live action girl in green body paint to dress up in Jade’s almost-swimsuit costume.

3. April 21, 2014 at 1:48 pm — Reply

Booster Gold could be amazing, and I would love to see Teen Titans in the Wolfman/Perez era including the Judas Contract. That said, for weekly television I think we would see more success with something a little less exotic. but still familiar. Maybe a Nightiwing series with some guest appearances from different Titans and Bat-Family types.

More ambitious, I would love to see Warner Bros. do a Netflix complete release of Injustice, GAU. I would also be just as happy if this is what the Superman/Batman film turned out to be. It would at least make the ending to Man of Steel feel more palatable.

4. Rob
    April 21, 2014 at 2:26 pm — Reply

A weekly action comedy modelled on the current run of Hawkeye would make me very happy indeed.

5. SmarkingOut Adam
    April 21, 2014 at 4:37 pm — Reply

Escapades of the mutant thief Gambit. He could play investigator, spy, super hero and thief all in turn.

6. Arbor Day
    April 21, 2014 at 5:08 pm — Reply

Doom Patrol, for the same reasons as Deadpool, only it’d be an ensemble cast, which works better on television.

Also, I think the character The Love Glove needs more exposure.

7. cody
    April 21, 2014 at 7:07 pm — Reply

A Runways series would be great with a great cast only if they didn’t go full CW on the teenage angst and pretty people. I like we’re getting a power man and iron fist series but I still want a Heroes for Hire series.

8. Kirby
    April 21, 2014 at 7:09 pm — Reply

(I’m a broken record) The Dibnys, the two of them touring around America solving mysteries, running into characters, world building.

Jack Knight’s run of Starman I know was talked about, and if you tweak a couple little things it would be amazing.

Would Astro City work for TV, or is it too much of a love letter to a particular medium to translate?

9. gary
    April 21, 2014 at 9:18 pm — Reply

Batman as a detective/mystery series rather than just a kick-them-in-the-face action show. Maybe even working up the detective noir angle.

10. Joshua
    April 22, 2014 at 12:12 am — Reply

How was Adiranne Palicki a miscast? I thought she did a wonderful job with what material she was given, and would rather she be WW than Gal Gadot…..

• April 22, 2014 at 10:22 am — Reply

She’s a blonde Midwesterner of European descent, cast as a character who is meant to be Amazon, from an area near Greece. Her carriage and characterization in the pilot was very much the neurotic David E. Kelley heroine. Mileage, as always, may vary, and it’s no shadow on the actress, but she never looked or acted Wonder Woman-y to my eye.

Gal Gadot has yet to actually play the role, so I have to reserve judgement on her, but she at least seems more “Paradise Island” than “Lima, Ohio”.

• Joshua
        April 22, 2014 at 3:11 pm — Reply

Did Linda Carter or Cathy Crosby fit the Amazon look?

11. Gary