As is my wont on a Friday night, I decompressed by channel-surfing after the family went to bed, giving my ridiculous brain time to stop spinning like Diana Prince in a crisis.  This time, I happened upon a screening of ‘Zombieland’ (albeit edited for television, which is a bit of a bummer), giving me a chance to vicariously live the life of a young, single man in a world where Emma Stone has no other romantical options to choose from.  As friends for the end of the world go, you could certainly do worse, unless you happened to end up as close buds with Daryl Dixon or a pack of extremely loyal ninjers, and such flights of fancy spurred today’s query…

The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”) would almost certainly die early in any end-of-the-world situation, but since this we’re in the land of make-believe, I’ll be Michael Knight with my indestructible ebony steed KITT, asking: Which fictional character would you want to accompany you into Armageddon?

Matthew Peterson

Matthew Peterson

And a nice red uniform.

Watch a breakdown of a VFX shot from Captain America: The Winter Solder

Zach Plays - FTL - Advanced Edition!

1. April 5, 2014 at 11:55 am — Reply

In honor of Tabe Top Day, I’ll go with Drizzt Do’Urden. He’d be able to take care of the zombies while I cower in a hidey hole somewhere. :D

2. April 5, 2014 at 12:37 pm — Reply

It might be a cheat, but Phantom Spy Vancuria from Dekaranger. I could say it is because she has powers and I’d have a better chance of surviving, but the truth is because she can split into two separate cute Asian ladies, Nai and Mea.

If that doesn’t count, then I’d go with Jenny, The Doctor’s Daughter.

3. April 5, 2014 at 12:50 pm — Reply

Probably the ridiculously min-maxed Paladin from the D&D group I GM. Nothing quite like the literal hammer of God to cut a swath through the undead.

4. Synaid
    April 5, 2014 at 2:08 pm — Reply

Master Chief. He beat the flood.

5. Kirby
    April 5, 2014 at 3:42 pm — Reply

Since I’m clearly not going to live long in the Armageddon, I’d want someone like Swamp Thing to keep me safe by not being a zombie, and hopefully keep me alive with some substance only he/it can grow.

6. April 5, 2014 at 4:02 pm — Reply

Samantha, from Her. I just watched the movie recently and I maaay have fallen a little in love with the character. At least, as someone interesting enough to make the world’s last moments something really special.

7. April 5, 2014 at 10:28 pm — Reply

Michael, Knight of the Cross, from the Dresden Files series. He’d be great company, plus what zombies could stand up to his holy sword?

8. Hannah Jones
    April 11, 2014 at 5:27 pm — Reply

Ford Prefect. He might be a bit irritating as his worst, but he can at least provide me with a lift. And who better to adventure with(besides perhaps a certain Time Lord or and ex-time agent).

It occurs to me that this might be one of those “that’s totally cheating!” answers, so I pick Diana Prince as my alternate. Because if you’re going to through the end of the world, you might as well do it with an Amazonian Demi-Goddess.