Sometimes, no matter how upbeat you try to be, the day crushes your spirit under a bulldozer blade of annoyance, taking your good mood and smashing it to the pavement to build a carpark.  Yesterday was one of those days, filled with minor irritations and a couple of Murtaugh-level “I’m-Too-Old-For-This-Stuff” fits of rage, leaving me feeling like Mick Foley after the original ‘Hell In A Cell’ match.  (Google it.  It’s brutal.)  Nonetheless, your humble MS-QOTD tries to stay as positive as possible, so today will be better no matter how many people insist on incessantly using the phrase “You People”, instead channeling the frustrations of yesterday into a query for today…

The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”) offsets creeping rage by remembering that “All that wilts in worry, grows in sunshine” and also by occasionally rooting for the meteors, asking: If you could choose one fictional character to punch right in the face, who would it be and why?

Matthew Peterson

Matthew Peterson

And a nice red uniform.

Original Sin - The Hulk and Iron Man have one

Friday Sing-Along: Star Wars Main Title (on an organ)

1. gary
    April 4, 2014 at 11:28 am — Reply

Wesley Crusher!!!!! Because isn’t it obvious?

2. Kirby
    April 4, 2014 at 11:37 am — Reply

As much as I love Office Space, I really want to kind of punch Peter right in the face. Maybe it’s because I’m going into 11 months of underemployment, and he’s complaining about his job, and he gets a promotion for being a jack wagon. All this while his harder working buddies get the shaft.

3. April 4, 2014 at 11:41 am — Reply

Ambrose Jakis from the Kingkiller Chronicles. If you have read the books, you will understand completely.

4. Oldcomicfan
    April 4, 2014 at 1:47 pm — Reply

Does it have to be a fictional character? Because I’d really like to punch George R.R. Martin in the face because, in Game of Thrones, he keeps killing off my favorite characters while letting the rotters live on… and also because it takes him like seven freaking years to write each sequel and I am getting on in years! I’d sort of like to read the final two books in the series before I kick the bucket.

5. April 4, 2014 at 3:54 pm — Reply

Peggy Hill. I honestly cannot stand the character and her know-it-all-ness, but it is mostly because she reminds me so much of my older sister (including the “I speak flawless spanish” that comes out chopped, mispronounced and almost always wrong).

• Kirby
      April 5, 2014 at 3:44 pm — Reply

Forgot about Peggy Hill, I’m changing my vote.

6. Doctor Dinosaur
    April 5, 2014 at 7:57 am — Reply

That top image reminds me of something. Matthew, do you know if the superfuturefriends, Adriana-lass and Kristen-girl are going to put up another podcast soon? It’s nearing the one year anniversary of the last one.