This week, Captain America: The Winter Soldier opens in theaters across the United States and more than a few staff members are geared up for an opening night premiere. That means someone (Young Zach) is going to have to queue up extra early to ensure everyone gets a ticket, popcorn, candy, extra large soda, and a place to sit. It really is a lot of work just to see one movie on opening night. It makes one wonder if seeing a movie on opening night is really that important.

Will you see Captain America: The Winter Soldier on opening night?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Use the comment section below to share your thoughts (pro/con) of the opening night experience.

SNEAK PEEK: Sidekick #6

SNEAK PEEK: Starlight #2

1. April 1, 2014 at 11:51 am — Reply

The last movie I waited in line for on opening night was Attack of the Clones. I guess it left an impression on me…

2. Russ Catt
    April 1, 2014 at 12:02 pm — Reply

I’ll try to see it during the first week. Preferably in a matinee to save a couple of bucks.

3. Cat Halo
    April 1, 2014 at 12:23 pm — Reply

I’ve seen it, and I went on opening night. With my Dad :)
    Let me tell you, this is a really good movie. While it is tonally quite different from Cap 1 (more Bond than Indy), it is definitely a sequel to it, and not to Avengers. This is dark, smart, and boasts some of the best hand-to-hand action yet in a Marvel movie. Scarlet gets more character, and Evans still shines in the lead.
    This is a really good movie, and is well worth the price of admission. And don’t forget to wait through the credits (there are two scenes, one half way, and another less good one at the tail end)

4. Ingrid
    April 1, 2014 at 12:28 pm — Reply

I don’t particularly like lines or crowds. Besides, my schedule is busy enough I’ll be lucky to actually see it in a theater!

5. April 1, 2014 at 12:45 pm — Reply

No. I rarely see movies in the theater at all, let alone the first week they are there. It isn’t lack of interest or anything, but rather a lack of funds for the most part.

6. Kirby
    April 1, 2014 at 12:59 pm — Reply

I’m a matinee sort of guy, so I’ll a wait a bit.

7. Rome
    April 1, 2014 at 1:10 pm — Reply

In the theatres… maybe, but I’m not quite hip enough to do the opening night thing anymore.

that said, I am really looking forward to this one. Bucky and the Falcon! ’bout time.

8. Taylor Forbes
    April 1, 2014 at 1:28 pm — Reply

I don’t plan on it opening night but definitely this weekend. I’m excited to see what they do with Cap

9. April 1, 2014 at 1:44 pm — Reply

I will likely catch it in matinee form. Perhaps on a Friday early afternoon to beat some crowds.

10. Doctor Dinosaur
    April 1, 2014 at 2:12 pm — Reply

Where’s the third choice? (Already seen it). It premi√®red quite a bit earlier here… I do wonder why though?

11. April 1, 2014 at 2:16 pm — Reply

Allready did :)

12. Josh
    April 1, 2014 at 3:42 pm — Reply

I won’t go see it on opening day but my fiance & I will probably go opening weekend, probably that Sunday.

13. Ray
    April 1, 2014 at 4:27 pm — Reply

I’ll be the very first in line…. after it’s been in the theater for about 2 weeks… on a cheap night.

14. Nick S.
    April 1, 2014 at 5:16 pm — Reply

Not opening night, but the plan is to go opening weekend.

15. Timotheus
    April 4, 2014 at 9:50 am — Reply

I saw it last night with my wife who doesn’t watch “these movies.” I thoroughly enjoyed it. She liked it. I am going again today to see it with my dad.

16. Kris
    April 6, 2014 at 8:35 am — Reply

I seen it twice now, and enjoyed it both times. First time I saw it with my wife who isn’t into the whole comic book movie scene and she actually enjoyed it. Second time I saw it with friends that loved it.