Recently, I had the odd experience of suddenly wanting to see a movie that I didn’t really want to see (Captain America: The Winter Soldier), based on the fleeting trailer appearance of a favorite character (The Falcon).  As he is one of my favorite mid-carders in the Marvel Universe, Sam Wilson’s first appearance in live-action has me super-psyched, as it raises the hope that he might end up a part of Avengers 2.  Most importantly, it adds more character options to the Marvel movie-verse both for crossovers and cameos and for future solo movie adventures, something I’m all for.  Though I do enjoy movie Iron Man, I’m secretly hoping to see The Defenders, Machine Man, Stingray and Nova making their way to the big screen, if only to infuriate and vex the people who whine about “second-stringers”, leading to today’s query…

The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”) wants to stem the tide of internet snark and hate-facery with a little positive energy for the “B-Listers” of the world, asking: Who’s your favorite secondary character in all of pop-culture?

Matthew Peterson

Matthew Peterson

And a nice red uniform.

She-Hulk #2 Review

The Want List Audio #004 - A New Doll on the Block

1. March 8, 2014 at 11:37 am — Reply

I go with Lando Calrissian with this one. After his dubious debut that smooth talking swindler just hops in the Falcon’s cockpit and blows up the Death Star 2.

2. foolsmask
    March 8, 2014 at 11:44 am — Reply

Does Neville Longbottom count? He might be third banana but I loved his development as “The Almost Chosen One” and his final stand against the big bad.

In my opinion he was the best character in the HP series.

• GeorgeDubya
      March 8, 2014 at 12:31 pm — Reply

I still think the series would have ended better had she done away with the stupid and superfluous Hallows and wand ownership BS, and instead simply focused on the Horcruxes with a final reveal that while Harry was the final Horcrux, Neville was actually the Chosen One.

• March 8, 2014 at 4:33 pm — Reply

Absolutely, and I love the fact that the actor they chose turned from awkward chubby teen into Adonis, proving that Neville should have been the hero all along… For some values of “proving”, anyways…

• gary
      March 10, 2014 at 9:54 am — Reply

Spoilers!!

3. GeorgeDubya
    March 8, 2014 at 12:33 pm — Reply

I’m going to go with Xander from Buffy. He’s the only normal person of the bunch. In a group that over the years included a werewolf, multiple witches, ex-demons, vampires, vampire slayers, trained demon hunters, and army specialists, Xander was the lone everyman.

• Rob
      March 8, 2014 at 1:12 pm — Reply

The Zeppo remains my favourite episode of Buffy.

4. Kirby
    March 8, 2014 at 2:16 pm — Reply

Most of my favorite characters: Elongated Man for the Justice League as a whole, Machine Man, Ted Kord, Power Girl, and many, many more.

5. March 8, 2014 at 3:21 pm — Reply

I’ve got several since I like different secondary characters in different settings for different reasons. There are too many to really list, but some of my favorites include Xander from Buffy, Lorne from Angel, the Droids from Star Wars, Gwen and Kevin from Ben 10 and Joxer from Xena.

6. March 8, 2014 at 6:14 pm — Reply

Matter-Eater Lad. or is he a c-lister :)

• March 9, 2014 at 10:22 am — Reply

Matter-Eater Lad is awesome, and thus beyond such rote categorization…