This winter (seasonal designation not valid in all areas) has been a rough one at Stately Spoilers Manor East, leading to several days of bored housebound fourth grader.  We were able to deflect her with quick crafts, WiiU and Monopoly, but the most useful distraction was her ‘Tales Of The Beanworld’ collections.  For my part, sick days ideally involve either Netflix or old-school TPBs like Jim Shooter’s Korvac Saga or ‘Crisis On Into the Earths’, which begs today’s snowbound query.

(If you come from a region where you don’t get snow, feel free to substitute appropiate local weather, or use rainy season, sandstorm and/or plague of frogs as appropriate.)

The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”) would also accept settling in with some chili and the complete ‘Bloom County’, asking:   What favorite pop culture “comfort food” would you want to keep you company while snowed in by a theoretical blizzard?

Matthew Peterson

Matthew Peterson

And a nice red uniform.

Sin City: A Dame to Kill For releases images ahead of trailer

Nancy Collins writes Vampirella series for Dynamite Entertainment

1. Hirimno
    March 6, 2014 at 11:55 am — Reply

If I still had electricity, I love playing video games. Lately my games of choice have been Fallout, bioshock, dragon age, and borderlands. These worlds are just awesome. Without electricity that’s another story. Whenever I’m at a bookstore if there’s a really good sale on paperbacks, I end up buying some and have a couple boxes of unread books in a plethora of genres.

• March 6, 2014 at 9:46 pm — Reply

I also enjoy sitting down for a good long gaming session when I have the time. Dragon Age, Borderlands, Brutal Legend, and Portal are usually my games of choice. Although lately I’ve been playing Ico, which is fun, if a little frustrating.

2. March 6, 2014 at 1:07 pm — Reply

Boxes and boxes of graphic novels. That, to me, is what a snowy day is all about.

3. March 6, 2014 at 1:59 pm — Reply

The same things I like every year when we’re snowed in.

DVD marathons, video games and lots and lots of reading. If the power goes out, I still have video games thanks to my handheld consoles and a car adapter, and books only need a bit of light from a lamp or flashlight to keep reading. I also have a small battery operated TV (that surprisingly has captions) that I keep ready just in case. Can’t watch DVDs with it but at least I can watch whatever is on the local channels.

4. March 6, 2014 at 10:00 pm — Reply

Books, mainly fantasy or scifi. Many times comic trades. Of late, it’s all the sonja and Chew that I’ve managed to collect so far. Rereading American Gods or The Htichhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy is a particularly nice use of free time when I have it.

5. Neckbeard
    March 7, 2014 at 11:16 am — Reply

Lord of the Rings marathon if there is electricity. If not, I pick a comic series from the pile and read it from #1 to latest issue.