Though I’ve a lot of favorite stories that take place in space, most of them (especially ‘The Black Hole’) aren’t the kind of places you’d really want to visit.  Any world where Norman Bates ends up as a respected member of the scientific community is not the kind of world I’m comfortable living in.  The same goes for Battlestar Galactica; no matter how beautiful the women or how awesome the Vipers are, I’d really hate the whole ‘on the run from cyborg overlords who want to kill everything human’ aspect of the world.  (I haven’t seen the rebooted B.G., so I dunno if that part is consistent over incarnations.)  All in all, I think I’d most enjoy life on Deep Space Nine, mostly likely in a capacity similar to that of ladies’ man (or whatever’s whatever) Morn, one of the most amusing characters in all of Star Trek.  This does, however, lead us to today’s query…

The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”) once went where no man had gone before, but left due to a lack of microwave burritos, asking: What science fiction world would you most want to live in?

Matthew Peterson

Matthew Peterson

And a nice red uniform.

Critical Hit #239 - Boomp Boomp

The Want List #003: Inception: The Board Game

1. March 1, 2014 at 11:52 am — Reply

Oh definitely some part of the Star Trek universe, and I think you hit it right on the nose with DS9. Fast, easy travel throughout the galaxy with replicators to make what you need and holodeck technology for anything you want. Add in so many different people and cultures to meet and learn about and it is about as perfect as I can imagine.

-Chad

2. March 1, 2014 at 12:11 pm — Reply

I’m going with Star Trek. It’s been established that they don’t use money in the Federation, so I’m assuming that means no crushing student loan debt, and that’s a place I’d like to live. :D

• March 2, 2014 at 10:31 am — Reply

But it would still be nice to have a few bars of gold pressed latinum set aside for a rainy day.

3. March 1, 2014 at 12:54 pm — Reply

I’ve got a bit of a tie.

The most likely choice would be the Star Wars universe. I’m not sure exactly where I’ll settle, but I have detailed plans for possibly settling on somewhere in the Hapes Consortium, Dathomir or Mandalore (most likely one of the last two). All of these plans involve such things as a pet Strill and/or a pet Rancor, my own Eta-2 Actis Interceptor (modified to be hyperspace capable without needing rings, and painted up like a hot rod with a purple flame pattern) and twin Twi’lek girlfriends.

However, I’d also be pretty happy with living in the Super Sentai world. Sure, it is fairly similar to our world, but they have super powers, giant robots and lots and lots of cute Asian women (even when not in Japan or even on Earth).

Then again, I wouldn’t mind living in the world of Pokemon. While I actually like Digimon better, it mostly takes place on Earth (or in the case of Digimon Tamers, practically our own Earth where Digimon is a fictional franchise), so going to the world of Pokemon would be quite a different experience. Plus I’d be able to finally have a real Eevee and Scyther.

4. comicfan1974
    March 1, 2014 at 2:06 pm — Reply

The world of Buck Rogers, so I could run I into Erin Gray at some point.

5. March 1, 2014 at 7:55 pm — Reply

Dad says, Star Trek. Probably TNG for his purposes.

I myself would love to be the resident of the sleepy desert township known as Night Vale. Just as long as I don’t get stuck in Desert Bluffs… God they suck!