For all my complaints about the editorial policies of the big comic book companies, I’m totally stoked to realize that I’m about to enter a world where I can enjoy monthly adventures of She-Hulk, the Silver Surfer, and Shang-Chi, Master of Kung Fu, something that has never before happened concurrently.  Granted, I can’t guarantee that such a convergence will last more than a few months, but it’s a little bit wonderful to anticipate the hopefully wondrous stories to come.  Of course, if we could also get Captain Jack Harkness back in weekly TV action, and maybe convince George RR Martin to revive his ‘Wild Cards’ series in the wake of his ‘Game of Thrones’ successes, I would be a truly happy MS-QOTD.  Sadly, I know that Hanna Barbera is never going to bring back Dino-Mutt or the Impossibles, but at least I can console myself by sharing with you, the Faithful Spoilerites, today’s pressing query…

The MS-QOTD (pronounced “Noh-rin Rahd”) even wonders if, perhaps, any ‘Firefly’ fans have anything they might with to discuss with the masses today, asking: What character, show or title do you most want to see relaunched?

Matthew Peterson

Matthew Peterson

And a nice red uniform.

Star Trek Khan #5 sneak peek

The X-Files: Conspiracy: TMNT #1

1. Rob
    February 19, 2014 at 11:34 am — Reply

I’d love to see a revival of the old Malibu Utraverse charecters like Prime and the Strangers. The success of the new Valiant line seems to prove there is a market for books from that era, time for Marvel to dust off some of those old IP’s.

2. February 19, 2014 at 11:45 am — Reply

Man do I miss Gotham Central. What a great piece of work that series was. I’d love to see that return, but I don’t know if I want anyone except Rucka doing it.

• February 19, 2014 at 11:47 am — Reply

I agree – Would really love to see the series resurrected. I’ll also have to go back and see what volume we reviewed on the MSP.

• February 21, 2014 at 12:08 pm — Reply

The fourth and final one was the most disjointed. Still excellent though, it just focused on a lot of things happening in the greater DC universe. For my money, volume 2 is my favorite. That features the Joker at Christmas. I wont spoil any more than that.

3. February 19, 2014 at 6:01 pm — Reply

There’s a great deal, but my top three would be:
    1) Firefly – ‘natch
    2) Pushing Daisies – Another incredibly great show cancelled far too quickly
    3) Dreamwave’s G1 Transformers series – I loved this set of books, and for my money, you cannot find a better treatment of the mythos. It still kills me that they didn’t get a chance to finish the story they were telling.

• February 21, 2014 at 12:08 pm — Reply

I heard that at one point they were going to do a Pushing Daisies comic. Did that ever happen?

• February 22, 2014 at 3:39 pm — Reply

Ohh man, that would have been good! No, I’m afraid, to the best of my knowledge, they didn’t make it.

• March 14, 2014 at 8:01 am — Reply

Not that I know of Derek, though I’d have read it!

4. Hannah Jones
    February 19, 2014 at 6:44 pm — Reply

Firefly, obviously. I’d also like to see Torchwood come back… I miss it. I wouldn’t mind getting Merlin back either, although I’m still pretty new to the series.

5. Kirby
    February 19, 2014 at 7:37 pm — Reply

Legion of Super-Heroes, though I know the property is kind of radioactive at the moment, because of Levitz’s recent run. I don’t know whether I’d want a full-blown reboot of the title, or a soft one.

Also can the Critic come back? Yes we’ve lost Charles Napier & Doris Grau, but the world is ripe for parody as seen through the eyes of New York’s Third highest-rated TV critic Jay Sherman.

6. clubberlang6
    February 19, 2014 at 10:06 pm — Reply

The honeymooners minua the domestic violence! !!!

7. Gehrigan
    February 20, 2014 at 2:28 am — Reply

Blakes 7 – Firefly before it was cool :) Morally questionable characters living in a dystopian, ordered future.

8. Gehrigan
    February 20, 2014 at 2:30 am — Reply

Matthew – You should really watch the BBC show Misfits if you want a large, unhealthy dose of Wildcards goodness.

• Gary
      February 20, 2014 at 3:27 am — Reply

9. Luis Dantas
    February 20, 2014 at 3:00 am — Reply

The Young Justice animated series looks like an obvious choice. I still can’t believe it had no season 3.

10. Frank
    February 20, 2014 at 8:06 am — Reply

Young Justice (preferably on CW), Alpha Flight.