There are a number of big pop culture movies hitting theaters between now and September 2014, and an impressive number of movies based on properties that have appeared in the pages of comic books for years.  It’s going to be an expensive summer if we plan on hitting all of these flicks, but there has to be one you are more interested in seeing above all others.

What movie are you most looking forward to seeing?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Check out the last issue of Hawken: Melee

Check out this sneak peek of Battlestar Galactica #8

1. February 11, 2014 at 11:30 am — Reply

Looking forward to Captain America 2, though Guardians of the Galaxy is a close second to that. Marvel Studios has shown that they can deliver a solid product, a good story, great visuals (though Cap 2 might not have those), and the actors have been great.

2. February 11, 2014 at 12:02 pm — Reply

Does anyone really care about the new Sin City movie. I mean, the first one was great when it came out, but I fear the Spirit flick showed it was just a flash in the pan.

3. Rob
    February 11, 2014 at 12:09 pm — Reply

Winter Soldier followed by Guardians of the Galaxy for me the rest are sequels to films I didn’t particularly enjoy or just don’t appeal to me. Having said that I’m a sucker for a big hype machine so I could stil be tempted to my local multiplex by the others.

4. Rome
    February 11, 2014 at 12:27 pm — Reply

Darn! Does that mean we won’t get Ant-Man this year. That is what I really want to see.

In the absence of Antman, I voted Guardians, just because of the chutzpa Marvel is showing in even trying this one.

But I’m also really looking forward to seeing the Falcon on screen. He’s an all-time favorite who is past-due in getting some acknowledgement as a bad-ass.

5. February 11, 2014 at 12:38 pm — Reply

So for me it is 100% Guardians of the Galaxy. That movie is so crazy that I really hope it pays off in a big way.

I mean Rocket Raccoon is on the modern big screen before Wonder Woman, I don’t think anyone would have called that a few years ago.

6. Russ Catt
    February 11, 2014 at 12:40 pm — Reply

I think I’m a little more excited to see Guardians of the Galaxy.
    I think it should be really interesting (plus, Karen Gillan as Nebula? Hot!)

7. clubberlang6
    February 11, 2014 at 3:35 pm — Reply

I want to see 300!!!!!! The first movie was great. I love commingling comic books, movies, & history. I also want to hear someone yell this is sparta!!!!!

8. February 11, 2014 at 4:48 pm — Reply

Guardians of the Galaxy.

Although I wish there was a multiple option, like top three you want to see, because I admit to also looking forward to Captain America and just seeing the Dinobots in Transformers (although I know the rest of the movie will be bleh).

9. Cat Halo
    February 11, 2014 at 4:49 pm — Reply

I voted for Cap 2. I really enjoyed the first one, and the sequel looks like a different beast. However, speaking of “different beasts”, Guardians Of The Galaxy has me incredibly intrigued. It is possibly Marvel’s biggest gamble yet, but director James Gun has made some wonderful movies, so I won’t let the off-putting footage t the end of Thor 2 put me off.

10. Kirby
    February 11, 2014 at 6:43 pm — Reply

Captain America, the rest range from you couldn’t pay me to close second pick. Cap just looks the most entertaining, especially if they go for a 70s thriller vibe, likes been mentioned.

11. Cory
    February 11, 2014 at 9:30 pm — Reply

I’m voting captain America: winter soldier but guardians of the galaxy has my curiosity peaked high.

12. Wil Young
    February 11, 2014 at 11:33 pm — Reply

Cap is what I am waiting for. X-men is a distant second. Guardians hasn’t shown enough yet for me to get excited about. The rest I can wait for home release.

13. b003
    February 12, 2014 at 10:35 pm — Reply

300 easy, cause not everybody is wearing black. Seriously, there’s no Ultimates 300 universe to screw up. Maybe anything not Marvel.