Now that I have my movie channels back, I find myself more and more on the horns of what, for me, is an old dilemma: When a move that I *love* comes on, it always seems to be at an inconvenient time.  Last night, after Stephen and I signed off from our weekly Dueling Review podcast, I foolishly kicked on my television just in time for a relatively rare uncensored airing of ‘The Warriors’, a movie that ranks high on the list of “Things I Watch ALL Of Whenever They’re On”.  (That list also includes ‘The Rocketeer’, ‘Gilligan’s Island’, the last fifteen minutes of ‘8 Mile’ and any Victoria episode of ‘How I Met Your Mother.’)  Long story short (too late), I got to bed a few minutes before 1 a.m., and it was totally worth it to see Luther get his comeuppance at the hands of the Gramercy Riffs, as it always is.  Of course, his perfidy led to the death of at least one Warrior, the presumed imprisonment of two more, and of course one cold-blooded murder that kicked the whole mess off, a torrent of awfulness that begs today’s query…

The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”) reminds all you boppers to be lookin’ good, asking: What’s the most heinous act of betrayal in all the history of pop culture?

Matthew Peterson

Matthew Peterson

And a nice red uniform.

Your first look at The Punisher #3

Here's your sneak peek of Eternal Warrior #6 (Eternal Emperor - Part 2)

1. February 7, 2014 at 11:31 am — Reply

Game of Thrones…Red Wedding…

• February 7, 2014 at 2:06 pm — Reply

In a way I see the execution of Ned Stark as a bigger betrayal than what occurred at the Red Wedding, because of all the chaos that ensued from the lie that he would be spared. If he’d been spared and allowed to join the Night’s Watch, as was promised, the need for Rob’s war against the Lannisters and promise to marry a Frey, the War of 5 Kings and all the rest of the horrors might have been avoided, or at least minimized and managed.

• Doctor Dinosaur
        February 7, 2014 at 5:51 pm — Reply

In that case.. isn’t the actual worst betrayal the death of Jon Arryn..–He said avoiding spoilers–

• February 21, 2014 at 12:13 pm — Reply

So when *redacted* had *redacted* kill *redacted* that just really ruined everyone’s day

2. HipHopHead
    February 7, 2014 at 12:04 pm — Reply

Twilight Zone: To Serve Man

Damn alien cookbook!!!

• February 7, 2014 at 6:25 pm — Reply

“How does the dish taste?”
      “It varies from person to person.”

3. February 7, 2014 at 6:24 pm — Reply

What Jack Harkness did to his daughter and grandson. I can’t help but see it is a sort of betrayal. Even though it was done for the greater good, to save the rest of the children of Earth, it doesn’t excuse it and just makes it even more heartbreaking.

4. Oldcomicfan
    February 8, 2014 at 9:23 am — Reply

That would be what George Lucas did to his fans. Jar Jar Binks. Need I say more? The second most would also be by George Lucas, aided by Stephen Spielberg. Indy Jr.? Mutt? No no no no no no no no. Need I say more?