Phil Connors had two pieces of advice that I always try to live my life by: “Keep The Talent Happy” and “Don’t Drive Angry.”  Of course, having spent years trapped in the same frigid February day, he had a unique perspective on life that most of us don’t get, even wondering why he couldn’t have had the day in Hawaii with the beautiful girl and the sunset for eternity.  It made me wonder where James T. Kirk might want to spend eternity (it would certainly involve green women and equally verdant space booze) or how awesome it might be to live as Luke Skywalker, hero of the battle of Yavin.  Of course, he would have to kiss his sister over and over again for 10,000 years, but he didn’t learn that until later, and later WILL NEVER COME!  This, in turn, begs today’s (admittedly outré) query…

The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”) wonders if it’s too early for flapjacks, asking: What one day of pop culture would you choose to live over and over again?

Matthew Peterson

Matthew Peterson

And a nice red uniform.

Wayne's Comics #118: Phil Hester

BOOM! Studios titles for April 2014

1. February 2, 2014 at 2:47 pm — Reply

The day Princess Leia was in the slave bikini in Jabba’s Palace.

2. Frank
    February 2, 2014 at 3:11 pm — Reply

Being a Rebel pilot assaulting the first Death Star – only if I survived the assault.
    I wouldn’t want to relive the assault on the 2nd Death Star – then I would have to endure the Ewoks over and over again.

3. litanyofthieves
    February 2, 2014 at 3:24 pm — Reply

Actually Matthew, according to Generations, Kirk chose to spend eternity with his wife the day he told her he was going into space… just sayin’.

For me it would be the debut of Firefly. So much hope and promise without the crushing disappointment of it being cancelled…

• February 2, 2014 at 5:44 pm — Reply

I was waiting for someone to mention Generations. :)

• Bill the Ckir
      February 2, 2014 at 8:14 pm — Reply

As I recall he implied he might stay instead. He was there because that’s where his mind was. Picard was with a ‘dream’ family because he regretted never having one. both captains were living in regret.

4. Hannah Jones
    February 2, 2014 at 3:51 pm — Reply

Once More With Feeling… I could live with that.

• February 2, 2014 at 4:56 pm — Reply

Dear gods, I can hardly imagine what horrifying things I’d be singing about under the influence of a musical demon.

5. February 2, 2014 at 8:02 pm — Reply

It isn’t necessarily Pop Culture, but The Fourth of July in my hometown is wonderful. A small New Jersey town in the middle of the state has for my whole life done the following every year.
    1. Fishing Derby
    2. 5 K race through town.
    3. Very nice parade that usually lasts approximately 90 minutes.
    4. Borough Park entertainment.
    A) Beer with the purchase of a Rescue Squad Mug (Free Refills)
    B) Hot Dogs (Provided by Jaycees)
    C) Rides for the kids
    D) Games
    E) Entertainment (Bands & Other Acts)
    5. BBQ
    6. Fireworks
    All of this is in walking distance.

6. Bill the Ckir
    February 2, 2014 at 8:16 pm — Reply

A morning gaming (D&D or World of Darkness) with my friends and an evening spending time with my girl watching Firefly. Nothing makes pop culture better like people you enjoy being with. And cookies. Cookies are good too.