As one who kept up with Doctor Who from the sidelines, I have observed one thing: what the Doctor is wearing is important. From fezzes to bow-ties and scarves, it all ends up becoming some form of trend within the pop-culture community and that is kinda cool. So what can you expect to see Doctor Who fans wearing at the next convention? Take a gander at Peter Capaldi in the latest costume to find out.

StephenRSS

So the next trend is: Doc Martens! How appropriate.

Capaldi spoke in a BBC press release about the reveal saying:

He’s woven the future from the cloth of the past. Simple, stark, and back to basics. No frills, no scarf, no messing, just 100 per cent Rebel Time Lord

Moffat chimed in as well:

New Doctor, new era, and of course new clothes. Monsters of the universe, the vacation is over – Capaldi is suited and booted and coming to get you!

So it sounds like Capaldi is ready to shove his size 12 Doc Martens up some monster butt! Attire seems completely appropriate for that.

What do you think of the new look? Liking what you are seeing compared to what Capaldi and Moffat have said? Wish the decision had been made to go with a bolo tie? I sure do, but I have no horse in this race. Give you thoughts and ideas about the Doctor’s new look in the comments!

via Bleeding Cool

Zach Woolf

Zach Woolf

Zach is a recent college graduate who’s love for consuming media is surpassed only by his love for creating it. He has a firm belief that if we could all just play with LEGOs for 30 minutes a day the world would be a better place. If those two statements don’t tell you everything you need to know about Zach, follow him on Twitter at @zwoolf.

Adventure Time: Winter Special 2014 Sneak Peek

Sonic The Hedgehog Archives #22

1. January 27, 2014 at 1:17 pm — Reply

It makes me think of a mix between Tenant’s and Pertwee’s (Ten’s and Three’s) outfits, with perhaps a bit of Smith’s (Eleven’s) thrown in. Not sold on it yet. I’ll need to see it in action. Nevertheless, I’m sure it’ll grow on me.

2. January 27, 2014 at 1:33 pm — Reply

It looks like Eleven with a dash of Three.

The Doctor should have at least a slight eccentric look, and I was never too wild about Nine’s and Ten’s outfits because they were a bit too conventional. This one looks pretty good, but I think he needs a tie or a cravat, however; the buttoned shirt without neckwear has been done too many time for me (e.g., Monk, Sherlock on Elementary).

3. Ingrid
    January 27, 2014 at 1:35 pm — Reply

I love that red lining in the coat. Otherwise it’s kind of plain, which I’m neutral on, but I sure do love that lining.

4. January 27, 2014 at 4:07 pm — Reply

Doesn’t look bad. Not as eccentric as some Doctors looks, but not an un-Doctor-y look either.

5. justanothergeek
    January 27, 2014 at 4:24 pm — Reply

Capaldi looks a bit like the Phantom Stranger in this, I liked it. Aproved!

6. comicfan1974
    January 27, 2014 at 6:58 pm — Reply

I like the costume overall…but what I am really happy about is the solemn face he has…hopefully this means we can finally move away from the zany doctor schtick the new series has been obsessed with and thereby get some variety of personality back into the doctor-mix

7. Kirby
    January 27, 2014 at 7:31 pm — Reply

I like it, it’s almost exactly I was hoping it would be, something a bit more elegant and older looking, but with just enough pazzaz.

8. Doctor Dinosaur
    January 28, 2014 at 1:33 am — Reply

Somewhere between a pastor, a stage magician and a secretary of state..Nifty. It does at a glance look very sleek, simple and classy. But the eccentricity really hasn’t gone. Those colours and the way the coat is buttoned almost makes it look cape-like. An Inspired look is what I say, the more I look at it the more I like it.

9. Rome
    January 28, 2014 at 11:18 am — Reply

I gotta agree with Scott, that the buttoned up/no tie look has been a bit overdone already. I prefer my Doctor with some sort of neck wear, I think. And I’m not so sure about everyone comparing it to #3… Pertwee had some flashy silk lining, but also huge pirate-y fluff shirts and velour coats and capes.

This seems a tad stark for a doctor, but not altogether surprising based on the new more serious take they seem to b aiming for. (I suppose Capaldi didn’t want to break out his old toga)

10. January 28, 2014 at 9:42 pm — Reply

Costume is nice, sleek and dashing, quite a departure from Smith. With the Rebel Time Lord tag line, it appears he may have some other Time Lords to rebel against?

11. b003