DC and Marvel have numerous heroes that fly, but only a few each who have wings.  This week, Major Spoilerite, Silvergray, wants everyone to decide who would win in a fight, Hawkman (DC Comics) or Angel (Marvel).

After you vote, use the comment section to justify your answer, and more importantly, let everyone know what era of each character you are pitting against one another in the battle of the century… or the week, take your pick.

Who would win in a fight?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

The Magic Minute - Deck Construction: The Sideboard

Transformers: Robots in Disguise #25 Sneak Peek

1. January 21, 2014 at 11:40 am — Reply

1. Hawkman has a mace.
    2. Angel has never had significant head protection.
    Angel’s getting his head smashed in.

2. Rome
    January 21, 2014 at 11:58 am — Reply

I voted Hawkman despite being a much bigger Angel fan. However, the picture shows young boyish Angel, who Hawkman would destroy, unless Angel was rockin the ol’ Bazooka he carried in the old days. Or if he was Archangel. He was deadly. As a matter of fact I’m wishing I voted the other way.

3. Russ Catt
    January 21, 2014 at 12:09 pm — Reply

In a strict Angel vs Hawkman fight, Hawkman has the decisive advantages of age, physique and weaponry.
    The fight would be much closer with Archangel becasue Archangel would have the distinct advantage in a ranged battle.
    This fight goes to Hawkman.

4. January 21, 2014 at 12:25 pm — Reply

I went with Hawkman as well. Base “Angel” has never seemed like a threat to me, and Hawkman has martial prowess (either Thanagar or Egyptian version) and a touch of the crazy at times.

Though if this was Archangel vs. Hawkman I’d change my vote in a heartbeat.

5. Mike
    January 21, 2014 at 12:32 pm — Reply

In later years Angel could change his form from normal to Archangel at will. Hawkman wouldn’t stand a chance.

• January 22, 2014 at 11:33 am — Reply

Hawkman would still clean the clock of Archangel.

6. January 21, 2014 at 12:56 pm — Reply

As much as I like Warren Worthington III, I think Hawkman would emerge victorious in most of his various incarnations. I personally like the Angel/Archangel character much better, but realistically I don’t think he’d be able to defeat Hawkman on his own.

7. January 21, 2014 at 12:58 pm — Reply

I don’t recall classic Angel doing much other than picking people up and dropping them. I don’t think that would work against Hawkman.

8. January 21, 2014 at 1:53 pm — Reply

Round 1: Egyptologist with a mace VS Teenager with wings — Hawkman wins.
    Round 2: Thanagarian space cop VS Apocalyptic Horseman Death — Angel wins.
    Round 3: Psychopath who might believe he’s a space cop VS Amnesiac who does believes he’s an Angel — Hawkman wins.

So I had to go with Hawkman no matter how mush I prefer Angel.

9. January 21, 2014 at 3:04 pm — Reply

He may not win but Archangel(when Angel was blue) was one of my favorite heroes back in the day so Go Angel.

10. Jared
    January 21, 2014 at 3:20 pm — Reply

I don’t know much about Angel, not being an X-Men fan, other than him not wanting to be a mutant (X-Men movie) but I think Hawkman would still win, especially the Thanagarian Hawkman. His strength makes him a formidable opponent to many of the Justice League let alone many opponents.

11. January 21, 2014 at 8:09 pm — Reply

I’ve never liked Angel, I’ve never seen him do anything useful and his powers are laaaame… Hawkman may not be my favorite character, but he can kick Warren’s butt anytime.

12. b003
    January 22, 2014 at 10:57 pm — Reply

Archangel for the win (Dance of Death), but is that old or new Hawkman (Nth’ed up version)?
    Thing is, about DC (Defective Comics) is that powers change depending on who writes it. That’s why you have a “CRISIS/52” every decade or so. Sloppy editing. Thanagar could be replaced by Hawklantis or Nthtopia.