Marvel Comics and Wizard World, Inc. (OTCBB: WIZD) have announced a program by which VIP attendees at each of the 16 scheduled 2014 Wizard World Comic Con pop culture conventions will receive exclusive variant covers of the best Marvel titles, continuing with Miracleman #2 at New Orleans Comic Con (Feb. 7-9). The limited-edition book, with cover illustrated by comics legend and Eisner Award Hall of Famer Neal Adams, features an interlocking cover with Adams’ Miracleman #1 from Portland Comic Con (Jan. 24-26), and will be available in both color and black & white sketch editions.
The colored version of Miracleman #2 will be limited to 3,000 copies and provided free at registration to all Wizard World New Orleans Comic Con VIP attendees, including any celebrity VIP packages. The Black & White sketch version is limited to just 2,500 copies and will be available for sale at the Wizard World Store on the convention floor. Quantities per purchase may be limited.
Adams is scheduled to be on site at the event to sign copies (autograph fees may apply). Leading professional comic grader CGC will also be on hand to accept books for grading and Signature Series.
Wizard World Comic Con events bring together thousands of fans of all ages to celebrate the best in pop-fi, pop culture, movies, graphic novels, comics, toys, video gaming, television, sci-fi, gaming, original art, collectibles, contests and more. A first-class lineup of topical programming takes place at each event, with celebrity Q&A’s, comics-themed sessions, costume contest, movie screenings, evening parties and more. Sunday is also Kids Day, with an array of activities and programming specially designed for the younger Wizard World fans.
Wizard World Comic Con is also the place for cosplay, with fans young and old showing off their best costumes throughout the event. Fans dressed as every imaginable character – and some never before dreamed – will roam the convention floor, often stopping by the Show Stage, the ideal place to see and be seen.
For more on the 2014 Wizard World New Orleans Comic Con, go to http://www.wizardworld.com/home-neworleans.html.
About Wizard World:
Wizard World, Inc. (OTCBB: WIZD) produces Comic Cons and pop culture conventions across North America that celebrate graphic novels, comic books, movies, TV shows, gaming, technology, toys and social networking. The events often feature celebrities from movies and TV, artists and writers, and events such as premieres, gaming tournaments, panels, and costume contests.
About Marvel Entertainment, LLC
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world’s most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of more than 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing. For more information, visit marvel.com.
The full event schedule can be found at www.wizardworld.com.
Wizard World 2014 Schedule
- January 24-26 – Wizard World Portland Comic Con
- February 7-9 – Wizard World New Orleans Comic Con
- March 7-9 – Wizard World Sacramento Comic Con
- March 28-30 – Wizard World Louisville Comic Con
- April 4-6 – Wizard World St. Louis Comic Con
- May 2-4 – Wizard World Minneapolis Comic Con
- May 30-June 1 – Wizard World Atlanta Comic Con
- June 19-22 – Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con
- August 1-3 – Wizard World San Antonio Comic Con
- August 21-24 – Wizard World Chicago Comic Con
- September 12-14 – Wizard World Richmond Comic Con
- September 26-28 – Wizard World Nashville Comic Con
- October 2-4 – Wizard World Austin Comic Con
- October 31-November 2 – Wizard World Ohio Comic Con
- November 7-9 – Wizard World Tulsa Comic Con
- November 21-23 – Wizard World Reno Comic Con