Some years ago, my friend and co-worker Tommy often used to muse about his zombie apocalypse team, who he would and would not want to bring along in the even of the end of the world.  Sadly, I seldom made the cut for survival After The End.  Here on the legendary intarwebz, you can’t swing a dead whelk without hitting a zombie quiz, cartoon or musing, which can start a thought process in the back of your head.  For my part, given the choice, I’d ditch Zuckerberg, Woody from ‘Cheers’ and even (regretfully) the lovely Emma Stone and ally myself with Jennifer Walters, the She-Hulk, who combines brains, brawn and steely resolve in one package.  Savvy enough to know her way around the world, clever enough to have a meaningful conversation with, and able to use a Mack truck as a baseball bat, she seems to be the perfect partner in crime for a world neither of us ever made, which in turn begs a query…

The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”) doesn’t expect that we’re going to have a lot of agreement on this one, asking: In the event of the end of the world and/or a zombie apocalypse, what one fictional character would you want as your companion in the brave new world?

Matthew Peterson

Matthew Peterson

And a nice red uniform.

Major Spoilers Question Of The Day: O' Captain, My Captain Edition

Wayne’s Comics #113: Onrie Kompan

1. December 29, 2013 at 11:43 am — Reply

The easy (and Steven-approved) answer is Batman. Personally, comic-wise, I’d have to go with the perfect combo of training, mindset, gear, and a preestablished network of safe houses in the form of Frank Castle. Runners up include: Sherlock Holmes, Nick Fury, the Midnighter, and Connor Macleod.

2. Kirby
    December 29, 2013 at 11:58 am — Reply

I’d want Data from Next Generation, because by the time he starts to break down I’ll be dead from old age. Data covering intellect, workhorse mentality, and strength, without fear of turning zombie.

3. December 29, 2013 at 12:50 pm — Reply

My first answer was Dr.Who, but then I realised that sort of violated the spirit of the question because he would be more likely to prevent the zombies from taking over. Which would be a good thing of course, but not an answer to the question.

So I choose Tony Stark and I have two reasons. First, he could build me an invincible suit of armor to keep the pesky zombie bites from being an issue. Secondly, if anyone could build a normal, Non-Mad Max style civilized society, a business/tech guy would be the guy to have around.

Of course, I haven’t read Marvel Zombies, so there might be a whole in my logic here that I am unaware of.

4. cody
    December 29, 2013 at 4:46 pm — Reply

I’d go with Atomic Robo who combines the intellect of Stark without needing food or drink.

Silver Surfer though could take me off planet and then we could find a new planet.

5. December 29, 2013 at 4:56 pm — Reply

I kinda want to say Shaun (yes, of “Shaun of the Dead”) because he was lucky enough to survive one zombie outbreak and would be fun to hang out with.

Realistically, though, I’m probably not going to last very long in a zombie apocalypse due to various reasons. So I’ll pick Charlie Bradbury (played by Felicia Day) from Supernatural solely for the chance to have one last “naughty bad fun time” before going off to face my end.

6. clubberlang6
    December 29, 2013 at 9:55 pm — Reply

I’m not a big fan of the zombie genre. Regardless I would pick Kim
    jong un because we could play basketball together.