The final (as far as we can tell) appearance of Matt Smith as The Doctor has come and gone, and we know you have a few thoughts about it.

Orbiting a quiet backwater planet, the massed forces of the universe’s deadliest species gather, drawn to a mysterious message that echoes out to the stars. And amongst them – the Doctor. Rescuing Clara from a family Christmas dinner, the Time Lord and his best friend must learn what this enigmatic signal means for his own fate and that of the universe.

So what did you think? Did it sum up everything you loved about Matt Smith, or did it leave you wanting more? Use the comment section below to share your thoughts about The Time of The Doctor.

MOVIES: Justice League: War Images Appear

SOLICITATIONS: Dark Horse Comics Announces Graphic Novel Series for Children

1. Tres
    December 26, 2013 at 11:26 am — Reply

I thought it was a solid episode even though it was a bit messy. 11th’s final speech was great and he went out like a sir.

It would have been cool if the 12th was a woman or another race, but I think Capaldi will be fantastic.

2. December 26, 2013 at 12:27 pm — Reply

I was disappointed. There were holes you could fly a TARDIS through! I’m sorry to see Matt Smith go since he’s the first Doctor I really related to. My interest will go back to pre-Smith levels with Capaldi. I hope it’s better than I’m expecting moving forward.

3. December 26, 2013 at 2:12 pm — Reply

I enjoyed it overall, but I feel there was a bit too much telling and too little showing. A lot of plot threads tied up, but so many of them were done with throw-away lines or montage voice-overs… It just felt like this could have been done a bit better if they tried to wrap up all those dangling plot threads in a couple of episodes instead of just this one.

4. Rob
    December 26, 2013 at 2:40 pm — Reply

I was disappointed. The story was weak and not thought out. I am sorry to see Matt Smith go. The regeneration didn’t actually happen in my mind. He just did 1 head bang or flinch and he was Peter Capaldi. Matt Smith deserved a better exit than that. Might be the last new episode of Doctor Who I watch. The show has been going down hill since Moffat took over, this episode may have been the last straw for me.

5. Arbor Day
    December 26, 2013 at 8:34 pm — Reply

I enjoyed it the first run through, then I watched the last fifteen minutes of the repeat before going to bed. It gave me sad dreams I don’t quite remember. Except one that was about tragic things happening to the characters of Parks and Recreation.

6. JoeM
    December 26, 2013 at 8:41 pm — Reply

One thing I like about Doctor Who is that it allows for so many different kinds of stories. This is one of the kinds I like. Lots of nice references to the history and lore of Doctor Who.
    I liked the way Moffat resolved the the 12 regeneration limit.
    Now, once again, I have to figure out if I like the new doctor. So far I’ve come to like almost every one.

7. Kirby
    December 26, 2013 at 9:58 pm — Reply

I enjoyed the episode overall, there were plot holes to be sure, but on first viewing they didn’t matter that much. I enjoyed that Smith was given an ending that fitted his run, and they didn’t make it overblown and saccharine like Tennant’s final episode. I enjoyed the wrapping up of many different elements from the past three years, and really enjoyed the blowing up regeneration; all in all sad to see Smith go, but want to see where the Doctor goes next.

8. b003
    December 27, 2013 at 10:32 pm — Reply

It was okay, love me some Amy Pond though. Maybe a little Tasha too.