With all the recent media furor about people who don’t know the difference between “notorious” and “meaningful”, or even how not to steal your ideas from more talented artists, it’s been a tough couple of months to follow the social media streams-of-unconsciousness.  Luckily for me, I’ve been married for a long time, and I find it easy to drown out such recursive logic-bombs by wondering what ever happened to big brother Chuck Cunningham on ‘Happy Days.’  (Favorite theory: He met Mork first, not realizing that Orkans were actually the forerunners of Weeping Angels.)  Those kinds of questions keep me sane, from wondering about the contents of Jules Winnfield’s briefcase to the final fate on Anthony Soprano, and my day job of being locked in a bunker talking briefly with strangers whose mouths are full of gravel and peanut butter is much more tolerable because of such musings.  In the kind of Möbius strip of pop culture that puzzled Ogre, such queries holistically beg yet another query…

The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”) wonders, wonders who wrote The Book Of Love, and whether it comes in a pop-up version (though I rather hope not), asking: What’s the most infuriating unanswered pop-culture question of all?

Matthew Peterson

Matthew Peterson

And a nice red uniform.

MOVIES: RoboCop stills shows more of the man in the suit

SNEAK PEEK: All-New X-Factor #2

1. December 20, 2013 at 12:34 pm — Reply

Doctor who?

• Hannah Jones
      December 20, 2013 at 6:13 pm — Reply

If only because I’m sick of hearing it, yes.

2. December 20, 2013 at 12:35 pm — Reply

Who is Number 1?

• Rob
      December 22, 2013 at 2:49 pm — Reply

You are, number six.

3. December 20, 2013 at 2:22 pm — Reply

I offer three. First, the end of Bender’s joke in The Breakfast Club. Second, the whispered line at the end of Lost In Translation. Last, Brad Pitt’s advice to Matt Damon (sorry for the lack of character names) in Ocean’s 11.

4. SmarkingOut Adam
    December 20, 2013 at 4:31 pm — Reply

What happens after everyone collapses at the end of Alphas?

5. Hannah Jones
    December 20, 2013 at 5:53 pm — Reply

First question: Who shot Nice-Guy Eddie?

Second qestion: What is the in-cannon question for the change in the appearance of the Klingons between TOS and TNG? And none of this “we do not speak of it,” crap.

Third question: What is the wind-speed velocity of an unladen sparrow? For the sake of argument, we’ll say Europian.

• James
      December 20, 2013 at 9:18 pm — Reply
      • December 20, 2013 at 10:46 pm — Reply

I thought it was a pretty interesting explanation, but I know so many people who hate it just because it was shown on “Enterprise”.

• James
          December 22, 2013 at 11:45 am — Reply

I never understood the hatred for Enterprise. Or the lack of it for Voyager.

• randolph defreese
            December 22, 2013 at 12:18 pm — Reply

i think people were going through Star Trek fatigue.it had been in movies and tv since 1979.

• December 23, 2013 at 8:34 am — Reply

Personal Response:
            I gave both a try, multiple episodes initially and then frequently tried to go and pick up after I dropped it.
            Voyager: The space exploration was fine, but shoehorning the crew together as they did seemed forced and overly contrived. After I dropped it and found watched the episode where Janeway gave up the ship? That was it for me. Kirk, Picard, & Sisko would have blown up the ship with crew rather than hand it over. I was done after that.
            Enterprise: Seemed technologically and more advanced than Star Trek. I could be wrong but there seemed to be aliens around that shouldn’t have been continuity wise.

6. B.V.K.
    December 20, 2013 at 10:21 pm — Reply

What is in Marcelus Wallaces briefcase in Pulp Fiction.

• Rob
      December 22, 2013 at 2:58 pm — Reply

In early drafts of the script it’s the diamonds from the hiest in Reservoir Dogs. I like to think it’s actually the same thing that’s in the car in Repoman.

7. Arbor Day
    December 20, 2013 at 10:51 pm — Reply

How Ned is able to bring people back from the dead. And all the other unanswered Pushing Daisies questions.

8. Oldcomicfan
    December 21, 2013 at 10:05 am — Reply

Did Wolff ever do the dirty deed with Niki? Since there was only one transcontinental line at the time, how did all the crimes Jim West and Artemus Gordon solve conveniently happen within reach of the railroad tracks? And don’t give me that “you couldn’t pronounce it crap – what IS Spock’s first name?

• randolph defreese
      December 22, 2013 at 8:26 am — Reply

Spock.I dont think Vulcans have surnames.the just put the “mr” in front of it to humanize him.

9. Oldcomicfan
    December 21, 2013 at 10:21 am — Reply

Was Kit really just a recycled Cylon? Or a descendant of “My Mother The Car”? Where IS Car 54? If Jason McCord was the only survivor of Bitter Creek, then how come the army cashiered him since there should have been nobody left to testify against him? Will Tom Selleck have his mustache taxidermied after he passes on? And what about Naomi?

10. Frank
    December 21, 2013 at 4:11 pm — Reply

Tom Selleck wakes up every morning, glues on a plastic mustache and goes to work. It will be in the Smithsonian when he passes.

11. Mike
    December 21, 2013 at 4:28 pm — Reply

What happened to Prince Zuko’s Mother?

• Kirby
      December 22, 2013 at 4:45 pm — Reply

Answered! With the spin-off comic “The Search.”

12. Hannah Jones
    December 21, 2013 at 5:36 pm — Reply

Thank you! :)

13. randolph defreese
    December 22, 2013 at 8:27 am — Reply

Who is the rifleman shooting in the beginning of each episode?i can always go with the Al Bundy answer “his wife”