More and more Star Wars based projects are surfacing every day and the latest is a trailer for a new online multiplayer game where players will take control of Star Wars vehicles in massive space fights. If anything in that sentence interests you, check out the announcement trailer after the jump.

With the Beta version of the game being released in 2014 you shouldn’t take any of the previous footage for what the final game will look like. Especially disregard the awkward re-voicing of some infamous lines from Star Wars

You have the opportunity to be one of the first to play Star Wars: Attack Squadron by signing up for the Beta at starwars.com/attacksquadron, but only if you game on a PC.

What are your thoughts about the latest announcement of a Star Wars video game? Let your voice be heard in the comments below!

via IGN

Zach Woolf

Zach Woolf

Zach is a recent college graduate who’s love for consuming media is surpassed only by his love for creating it. He has a firm belief that if we could all just play with LEGOs for 30 minutes a day the world would be a better place. If those two statements don’t tell you everything you need to know about Zach, follow him on Twitter at @zwoolf.

MOVIES: New Amazing Spider-Man 2 teaser poster

Major Spoilers Podcast #552: Get MSTie For Me

1. Frank
    December 17, 2013 at 5:15 pm — Reply

This looks interesting. If it is anything like the X-Wing series, I am interested.

• December 18, 2013 at 3:37 am — Reply

I agree, X-Wing series is easily my favorite Star Wars video game franchise.

• December 18, 2013 at 7:34 am — Reply

I couldn’t agree more. I love the X-Wing series.

• Martin J
      December 18, 2013 at 8:30 am — Reply

Agree loved the X-Wing series and while Rouge Squadron as not quite up there it was still good.

2. December 18, 2013 at 11:09 am — Reply

While I am eager for a X-Wing game to re-capture the feeling of the old X-Wing and Tie Fighter games, I’m nervous about a game that’s going to be PvP-centric. That’s not my thing, and that might make this game for me a pass. I’ll give it a try, certainly, but I just dislike PvP.

• December 18, 2013 at 9:10 pm — Reply

Sorta same here. I do enjoy PvP at times, but I don’t much care for games where it is the main focus. I’m sure friends will try to talk me into getting it since they claim I’m pretty good in PvP (I don’t think I’m that good, but they do), but it just isn’t my cup of tea.