Lords of the Feywild

In this installment of Critical Hit: A Major Spoilers Dungeons and Dragons Podcast: The party returns to a once familiar place and discover the horrors that await!

NOTE: Level 14 character sheets are now available at members.majorspoilers.com and the Critical Hit Logo T-Shirts are indeed at SlashLoot.com

Jason Reads Comics: 5 Best Comic Book Artists of 2013

Major Spoilers Live Chat - December 14, 2013 - FREE EVENT

1. Chase
    December 14, 2013 at 2:11 pm — Reply

I hope the party does something about the situation in Tuberville. I wonder if Ket would be forced to fight against them if they did.

• PureChaosDI
      December 14, 2013 at 5:00 pm — Reply

Ket can’t fight, he does and his sponsorship is done and he can be teleported at any time that the opponent chooses

2. Aspiring Spambot
    December 14, 2013 at 4:03 pm — Reply

One has to wonder how Asmodeus gets any followers at all. No matter how far you make it up the ladder you’re still a slave to someone, unless you’re Asmodeus himself.

• December 14, 2013 at 7:25 pm — Reply

that is the inherent basis of tyranny. Protection and slavery rolled into one.

• December 15, 2013 at 7:17 pm — Reply

whoa very astute observation.

3. BRZA
    December 14, 2013 at 9:28 pm — Reply

It’s a testament to Rodrigo’s ability as a storyteller that when Steven jumped in to cut the episode I was totally taken aback. I shook my McPod in fury: “WHAT?! That couldn’t have been more than 30 minutes, you jerk!” – only to look at the file and realize I had been listening for an entire hour.

Also: speculation time! *Spoilers if you haven’t listened to the back-issues* I’m guessing the “scent of betrayal” that the Autumn King detected on Ket isn’t him turning coat on the party, but on Asmodeus.

• December 15, 2013 at 12:16 am — Reply

I’m with you on the betrayal thing. I’d love for that to happen.

• Marco
        December 15, 2013 at 9:13 am — Reply

Can’t wait to find out.

4. Chris
    December 15, 2013 at 1:11 am — Reply

Great episode as always. Did the two priests of Asmodeus remind anyone else of Mr Kidd and Mr Wint from Diamonds Are Forever?

• Thorfinn
      December 15, 2013 at 2:00 pm — Reply

I was thinking Albert & 7 Bats Crazy myself, but I can see Mr. Kidd & Mr. Wint working as well. They didn’t act like Albrecit & 7 Owls Wise, but I did find it an odd coincidence that it was a bald human & a dwarf.

• December 15, 2013 at 7:11 pm — Reply

WHOA GOOD POINT WOW! 7 bats crazy hahahah

5. Nick
    December 15, 2013 at 2:19 am — Reply

I’ve decided that Ket’s Epic Destiny should be to take over as God of the moon once the current ones are defeated. I can’t think of anything better to do with a Godsoul, but that’s just me ;)

• Crystal Groves
      December 15, 2013 at 11:42 am — Reply

What can you do with a Godsoul? Whatever you WANT~! XD

• Adam
      December 15, 2013 at 3:32 pm — Reply

I sort of think Archlich might be a fun one for Ket. It would fit with the whole Kobold Alley thing for him to end up with his soul hidden somewhere.

• PureChaosDI
        December 16, 2013 at 2:45 pm — Reply

thats a LOT of souls to hide

6. Sam
    December 15, 2013 at 7:44 pm — Reply

Rodrigo does black-hearted evil so well.

7. December 16, 2013 at 2:10 am — Reply

This was a great episode. Loved it.

8. December 16, 2013 at 4:47 am — Reply

Wow. Rodrigo is the the most evil DM ever.
    Playing the palyers like a flute – Mu ha ha ha ha!
    Ket is going to pay for past sins.

9. Frederick aka Darth Macho
    December 16, 2013 at 10:22 pm — Reply

“Are we sufficiently creepy, Brother Olaf?”
    “We couldn’t be creepier, I’d say, Brother Pine.”

Those guys give me chills.

• December 17, 2013 at 12:45 am — Reply

You have to wonder what kind of experiences Rodrigo has to be able to portray those kinds of characters so well…

10. Thorfinn
    December 17, 2013 at 12:49 am — Reply

The Stitcher app is collecting nomination for best podcasts for all the different types of genres. Stitcher Awards are at http://stitcher.promotw.com/ . If you like this podcast, consider nominating the show for the best “Game or hobby” based podcast.

11. Alpha
    December 17, 2013 at 2:53 pm — Reply

Yeaaahh Alright I will come off as the guy ruining the party but hey someone has to do it.

First off, I haven’t listened to the podcast in a while but yet my reader was still downloading it, so in a moment of boredom I decided to check the latest episode of this podcast…

And it was terrible.

Let me explain (if you still care about my feedback at this point in the post). The story was good in that the context and scene was great, a village the heroes came back to, an enslaved populace AND what looked to be 2 badass serving as the antagonists.

Where it got bad is when the PC decided to just monotonously go along the ride of the DM, with seemingly no care whatsoever about what was happening around them.

It was a bore up until the loot came. At THIS specific moment something great could have happened.

The PC were obviously confronted between a choice. Accepting gifts from an obviously evil force, one that would not give those so freely if it was not to get the PCs out of their ways, or do the right thing and not sully their hands with what was likely acquired through the pain and suffering of others.

And yet, nothing happened!!… No choice and repercussions, no moral conflict. … A simple ‘take them and go…’. The PCs again with all the care just took them and went along the ride again.

The only place where any semblance of care happened was when one of the PC came in the room of the other PC to discuss it. THIS was the only true in-character and thought-out action in the whole session and what happened?

You get an obviously out-of-character douchy reaction to what was someone actually playing the game and doing it well.

It ended what was a really boring session (sorry to say).

Now bear in mind that the only reason I cared enough to give you feedback is because I see some potential in the podcast. I like the clairity of the story, it’s very easy to understand what’s happening in your games, what I don’t like his how the PCs react and the lack of real storytelling put in the execution (aka conflicts, moral, verbal, or martial).

There you have it. I do hope you guys will take that feedback into consideration.

• December 17, 2013 at 7:28 pm — Reply

You say that you haven’t listened to the podcast in a while. How long is that? Are you aware of the very pressing circumstances they’re under? Of the time crunch and the repercussions should they fail?

• Alpha
        December 18, 2013 at 6:24 am — Reply

Months, easily. So now I’m not aware of those.

Wouldn’t mind being enlightened about them though.

• PureChaosDI
          December 18, 2013 at 9:53 am — Reply

you know what. I was going to explain it to to you, but it’s better if you listen to the rest of the episodes and make an observation on this episode based on that not assumptions that you have made up on the fly.

• December 18, 2013 at 7:07 pm — Reply

I have to agree with PureChaosDI. It would be like if I missed the first half of the Feywild section and was confused about why Torq was suddenly a priest and then saying it was out of character. Telling someone what happened isn’t the same as listening to it happen. The interactions between the characters and how they develop and grow take a while to happen and there are nuances that are difficult/impossible to convey effectively.
            The thing to keep in mind right now (without spoiling too much) is that the party doesn’t have the time to fight every moral cause. They’re not on a mission to figuratively save the world. They’re on a mission to literally save it.
            I don’t think anyone in the party actually likes what’s going on in Tuberville but everyone in the party knows that they don’t have the time or resources to deal with it.