The announcement of the casting of Wonder Woman in the ‘Man Of Steel’ sequel has many contingents of the intarwebz up in arms.  The most fascinating argument against the inclusion of the Amazing Amazon is the one that opines that the character is too famous to be just a “guest-star” in somebody else’s movie (even though we have zero information on her role in the film.)  My hope for the movie is that Diana and Bruce serve as counterpoints to Superman (like the cartoon angel/devil on Woody Woodpecker’s shoulders) telling us more about each character by contrasting him/her to the other two.  Still, the inclusion of 60% of the classic Super-Friends in the movie does beg an interesting query…

The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”) never fully understood why Batman got equal billing with the two most powerful people on the planet, asking: Would you like to see a single movie about all three of DC’s classic Trinity?

Matthew Peterson

Matthew Peterson

And a nice red uniform.

BUSINESS: Marvel Announces Exclusive Agreement with Artist Mahmud A. Asrar

HOLIDAY: Archie Comics Donates One Million Dollars Worth of Books to Toys for Tots

1. December 11, 2013 at 11:56 am — Reply

(*If not written by David Goyer)

2. TaZ
    December 11, 2013 at 12:54 pm — Reply

Sure. While people have screwed….uh…I mean, tried to redo the Justice League mythos without the Big Three (post Crisis JLA….bleah…bleah…) if you don’t have Bruce, Clark and Diana as part of it you’ve missed the crux of what’s been appealing in DC’s comics since the 1930’s. In fact, having a “Trinity” movie before a Justice League feature makes sense as did the mixing in of different scenes in the movies leading up to The Avengers (Tony Stark having Cap’s shield, Start and T-Bolt meeting in the bar, Thor’s hammer being found, etc…). I’m just going to be a bit disappointed that the JLA movie will likely be the “Flashpoint” JLA instead of the original with the Martian Manhunter.

3. Oldcomicfan
    December 11, 2013 at 1:59 pm — Reply

Nah. I’ve never particularly cared for Aquaman. “I am a hero because… I can talk to fishes!” Right….. Ranks right up there with Super Goof.

4. December 11, 2013 at 5:16 pm — Reply

I’m not sure I’d want a stand alone single movie about the big three, but if it is the only way to get a live-action Wonder Woman movie, then I suppose I really can’t complain.

5. Ray
    December 11, 2013 at 5:37 pm — Reply

Would *I* like to see a single movie about all three of DC’s classic Trinity? Absofreakinlutely… Do I ever expect to see a well done, feature length, live action movie about the Clark, Bruce and Diana? No. I expect to go to my grave without ever having the pleasure of that showing.

For the same reason you will never see a cartoon series about the adventures of Mickey and Minnie, You will never see a Telling of the SuperWonderBat team. They are just too big. They are too established and well known. They are the Three Benchmark characters of one if the, if not the biggest Comic book empires in existence. I doubt even Marvel can say they have three benchmark characters that have even close to the same impact… Wolverine and Spiderman, maybe closest, but Marvel’s line up tends to be more balanced and evenly respected. Lets face it, When it comes to DC’s Line up, it’s Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and everyone else…

No Studio will want to risk putting the Holy Trinity out there in live action, and messing it up. I was shocked and amazed to hear they are putting Both Superman and Batman together (I think the success of Avengers made them wet themselves), But i would be shocked if the rest of the DC lineup are more than Shadow Characters, with one or two throw-away lines, and a few minutes of camera time – With famous names attached so later, down the road, they can make movies about those characters and, hey look… their contracts are all locked in.

6. December 11, 2013 at 11:39 pm — Reply

WB has botched their movies enough that I don’t particularly care anymore, but if I could have some type of guarantee that it would actually be good, I’d still rather see an Aquaman movie.

7. December 12, 2013 at 3:25 pm — Reply

Isn’t that kind of what we’re getting with Superman/Batman?

• randolph defreese
      December 12, 2013 at 5:40 pm — Reply

only if WW is in it for more than five minutes.