Over the weekend a fan spotted a three-paneled poster in Las Vegas and uploaded an extremely low-res image that was then circulated around the Internet. Sony has now released the poster in all of its high-res goodness for us to look at and speculate.

spideybanner

Electro has been confirmed for months to be appearing in this film and we had seen set images of the Rhino during filming, but this is a new side of the villain that we haven’t seen yet. The most surprising part of this image is the inclusion of The Green Goblin up on his fancy hover board. Sinister Six rumors have been following Amazing Spider-Man 2 around since it was confirmed that there would be at least one more Spider-Man movie following this one. Hopefully with a large number of villains being thrown into the mix the movie won’t become too chaotic.

What do you think about the confirmation that  three Spider-Man foes will be appearing in the next film? Let us know in the comments below!

Amazing Spider-Man 2 will start its theater run on May 2, 2014.

via Bleeding Cool

Zach Woolf

Zach Woolf

Zach is a recent college graduate who’s love for consuming media is surpassed only by his love for creating it. He has a firm belief that if we could all just play with LEGOs for 30 minutes a day the world would be a better place. If those two statements don’t tell you everything you need to know about Zach, follow him on Twitter at @zwoolf.

MOVIES: New promo image and trailer for 300: Rise of an Empire

VIDEO GAMES: Trailer for Starbound releases same day as beta

1. December 4, 2013 at 8:03 am — Reply

Rhyno is a machine? Green Goblin doesn’t look all that impressive. I’m not having high hopes for this one

2. December 4, 2013 at 8:44 am — Reply

I’m okay with Rhino being machine – they have to figure out how to present that character in a way that’s not “Big Ass Man Running Around In Rubber Suit!” I agree on the Green Goblin presentation – we’ll see if that’s just an introduction of him as they move towards the third movie. We’ll see.

I may not be in the majority, but I find it hard to top DaFoe and Molina for their portrayals of Osborne / Goblin and Doc Ock, respectively. At least in this series they were introducing some villains we hadn’t seen before in Electro and Rhino.

I’d still love if they could actually pull off a Spider-Man / Venom / Carnage movie.

3. Sebastian
    December 4, 2013 at 9:13 am — Reply

I like a more realistic approach to super villains. Rhino looks promising but in a way also resembles the zoids in the Power Rangers Series. I cannot really say anything about the Goblin yet unless that I miss his purple hat :-/ . I have to see him in motion.

4. December 4, 2013 at 9:33 am — Reply

I had hopes for this movie because they brought back the more classic Spiderman look. Rhino being a machine makes more sense. I hope Foxx does well as a bad guy. …Goblin looks stupid.

5. December 4, 2013 at 11:08 am — Reply

I just really hope that they don’t make the same mistake that Spider-Man 3 did and spread everything out too thin.

6. December 4, 2013 at 12:35 pm — Reply

I’m also concerned with how they are going to flesh out these 3 major characters in one movie. Although the tag is “his greatest battle begins”, so I’m guessing this will end on cliffhanger.

7. Matt
    December 4, 2013 at 7:33 pm — Reply

So Rhino is a giant robot rhino, WTF!