Everyone at Major Spoilers is taking a little time off this week to spend time with family, friends, and fans, so we thought we’d take this moment to share what we are thankful for this year.

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

Call the Major Spoilers Hotline at (785) 727-1939.

Major Spoilers Staff Picks for November 27, 2013

REVIEW: Battlestar Galactica - Starbuck #1

1. November 27, 2013 at 10:37 am — Reply

Have a good one, guys! Im participating in spirit, to us here in finland its thursday.

2. November 27, 2013 at 11:02 am — Reply

Happy Thanks Giving Spoilerites…

What am I thankful for?

Well I guess I should start with God and my Catholic/Christian beliefs (this isn’t going to be religious, but I do have to show my love and respect for The Almighty).

I’m thankful for my family – a son who is absolutely nuts (he’s almost 3, so several of you I’m sure understand) and a wife that puts up with my shanangins all the time. My mom, dad, brother, sister, and in-laws and rest of our clan – that we’re all in relatively good health and all currently employed or retired.

I’m thankful for my job that let’s me do some really fun and cool things, even if I have to do the daily crap that we all hate at doing our jobs… does anyone want to file these TPS reports for me?

I’m thankful for podcasts – specifically Major Spoilers (and yes, I’ll say it – TWiT). These networks are what keep me somewhat normal when I’m working out (more on that in a bit) and driving my sometimes 3.5 hour drives one way to meet with clients. I’ll be honest, I started listening to MSP and Critical Hit after Stephen was on FourCast on TWiT, and quite frankly while TWiT gives me great information and news – MSP gives me ad different kind of happiness and makes me smile. Overall, even though some of us have had our disagreements, I love you all (yes even Rob) because your all able to remind me that it’s OK to have a hobby, it’s OK to love comics and gaming, and frankly there’s a lot more to life than work.

I’m thankful for my personal health. In August of last year, my doctor pretty much gave me an ultimatum – loose weight or you will not live to see your son graduate from high school or college. Well, I’ve lost almost 200lbs over the course of about 15 months. I’m not going to talk about methods or what not (if you really care, leave a sub comment and we can talk off line) – but one of the major things I’ve done is walked about 2.5, then 3, then 3.5, then 4 miles per day (sometimes more)… walking can be boring, but when you hear Matthew go on a diatribe about how and why Matter-Eater lad is actually relevant and cool – or Rodrigo try and figure out what is the best strategy to not screw over Stephen but still win at Muchkin – or Adrianna get excited about the fact that she has some tricked out new armor – or Zach try and figure out why exactly he loved it’s a Mad Mad Mad Mad World, I don’t feel so alone pounding the cold pavement with rain and snow, and I can laugh right along with you guys. After all, isn’t laughter the best medicine? This (along with the obvious weight loss) is probably what I really needed – and quite frankly there’s really no better way to feel better than to laugh and enjoy life.

There are plenty of other things I can and probably should list here. Yes, I’m being specific to the people on these podcasts that I listen to (trust me I have much love for PadreSJ, JCD, Gina Trapani, RonXO, Raygun01, OMGChad, JuRY, Shwood, and Leo over on TWiT as well) but this is your wall not theirs :D…

So if your reading this thank you. Thank you for taking the time and loving MSP (and hey if you can donating), Thank you for all that you do – because yes I know you love Comics, podcasts, games, etc and I do too.

3. November 27, 2013 at 11:11 am — Reply

Really I am thankful for you guys, I started listening to you a little over a year ago and it has been great.

I started reading comics and I love my local store(Uncle Sven’s Comics)

And just started playing D&D. Running as the DM has been great.
    Also thankful for Rodrigo so I had something to do when the party wanted to just shove all the problems off on the Church so Poof no more church.

4. November 27, 2013 at 12:53 pm — Reply

I’m thankful for having a job that fits like a glove with my introverted night-owl self. Also thankful it’s paying the bills. :)

This year will be the first time in over a decade that I’ll be able to be with my family for the holidays, so I’m really thankful for that.

I’m thankful for the Major Spoilers crew, and the folks behind the other podcasts I enjoy, for putting out a lot of great content to listen to.

5. November 27, 2013 at 1:17 pm — Reply

Hi all,
    Thanks for the great podcast. It was really touching.

I have a few things that I’m really thankful for.
    First is my great wife. We sometimes will listen to a Dueling Review or a Zach on Film while driving and that’s fun.
    I’m thankful that I work at a cool job and have very fun coworkers.
    I have a great family and I have enough in my belly.

This has been a pretty decent year.
    As always, thanks for everything that you do.

6. November 27, 2013 at 2:00 pm — Reply

I’m thankful for an abundance of beautiful Asian women and Super Sentai.

Okay, half-joking aside, I’m thankful for my extended family made up of friends, their kids and so on. I don’t know where I’d be without them, particularly where I’d be if my goddaughter hadn’t been born and made me want to stop being so self-destructive.

I’m thankful for all the people who allowed me to be here today. All the doctors, nurses, donors (both monetary and otherwise like blood and stuff), scientists and so on and so forth that helped me beat back Leukemia as a kid when I was told I most likely wouldn’t live to see age 11. I just turned 34 a little over a month ago.

And I’m thankful to Major Spoilers for existing and giving me a place to get news of geeky goodness as well as talk with others that share the same interests (or at least a civil debate with people of differing interests).

7. Cero
    November 30, 2013 at 11:43 pm — Reply

Thiswas really nice to listen to.I want to thank Major Spoilers for every thing you guys have put out.

8. Monte Turner
    December 3, 2013 at 12:17 am — Reply

I’m thankful for America. We have a lot of gridlock when it comes to getting anything done at the governmental level, and heaven knows that we are deeply in debt… But when I think of the future that I have here, I feel like the most gifted person in the world.

I’m a senior in high school and am going to be heading to either KU or UNT for Music Composition next year, and I just can’t stop myself from smiling when I think of everything I can do.

I have my whole life ahead of me, and I’m thankful for that. :)