There are those who mock me for my love of professional wrestling, but it should be noted that if mockery hurt my feelings, I’d probably never have survived knowing Stephen for the last 25 years or so.  Besides, the occasionally masked warriors of the world of wrasslin’ have a lot in common with the superheroes and sci-fi types that Faithful Spoilerites love.  Many of our heroes have their own catchphrases, from Han Solo’s “I’ve gotta bad feeling about this” to Spock’s “Fascinating” to Spider-Man’s “I have no idea what happened to my wife”.  Heck, The Doctor has six or ten different ones, depending on the incarnation and season involved, while James T. Kirk has a method of speaking that turns EVERYTHING he says into something of a trademark, which in turn begs a query…

The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”) kinda favors “It’s King Cobra’s world…  You just live in it”, asking: If you had to choose RIGHT NOW, what would be your catch-phrase?

Matthew Peterson

Matthew Peterson

And a nice red uniform.

TOYS: Science is for Boys and Girls

REVIEW: Avengers #23

1. November 25, 2013 at 11:57 am — Reply

If we’re going with things we actually say, then any variation of “I haven’t (something) since the accident”. Most often it seems to be “I haven’t shown up on film since the accident” and “I haven’t had any shame since the accident”.

2. November 25, 2013 at 11:57 am — Reply

I’ve had one for a while. It expresses my distrust of a group of people who invented chocolate (thus contributing to my obesity). They also have unlimited access to the Vatican, and put holes in cheese. Their supposed “neutrality” is in my suspicion a ruse for an impending attack of some kind. Therefore, with all these secret plots in place, they can easily be blamed for all the world’s problems.

(BTW, for those of you with a ridged sense of humor, this is what we call a joke)

My catch phrase is “I Blame the Swiss.”

3. Kirby
    November 25, 2013 at 2:45 pm — Reply

There are a couple of phrases that pop up: “(Insert obscure reference)… nevermind.” eg around fellow students and I throw out for a more mainstream ref say Doctor Who.

Also “I can give you the long, medium, or short answer.”

4. November 25, 2013 at 5:15 pm — Reply

Probably, “Let’s not make any decisions while we are angry.” With a newborn in he house, sleep deprivation gets the better of you sometimes.

5. Hirimno
    November 25, 2013 at 5:18 pm — Reply

everyone i know says that if you ask me what time it is, i’ll explain how your watch works so I’d have to go with “Do you want the long answer, or the really really long answer.”

6. Arbor Day
    November 25, 2013 at 9:33 pm — Reply

Since I’m the real life Blitz, my catchphrase probably ought to be “Awwww, man…”

7. mark
    November 26, 2013 at 3:37 am — Reply

in last month the onle that has infected the office is “cool cool Cool”

8. James Adams
    November 26, 2013 at 5:25 am — Reply

One that I tend to favor is Adam Savage’s: “I reject your reality, and substitute my own.”

9. Frank
    November 26, 2013 at 10:11 am — Reply

“What in the Wide World of Sports is a’going on here?” works for me.