As most know by this point a new RoboCop movie is soon to be released and so far we have seen two trailers that have resulted in mixed opinions throughout the Internet. Will this third trailer, that focuses a bit more on Murphy, sway more people to seeing it? Take the jump to watch and then give us your opinion.

So, does the trailer leave you wanting to see more? Or, have you definitively decided you will not be watching this reboot? Let everyone know your thoughts in the comments below!

via StudioCanal UK

Zach Woolf

Zach Woolf

Zach is a recent college graduate who’s love for consuming media is surpassed only by his love for creating it. He has a firm belief that if we could all just play with LEGOs for 30 minutes a day the world would be a better place. If those two statements don’t tell you everything you need to know about Zach, follow him on Twitter at @zwoolf.

PHOTO GALLERY: Frozen

The Magic Minute - Booster Packs

1. November 20, 2013 at 2:58 pm — Reply

I just cant get over the exposed hand, its like they are pushing it to viewer´s face in every turn. Why does our invulnerable cyborg have normal exposed human hand? Why cant he even wear a glove?

• November 20, 2013 at 3:11 pm — Reply

Or the hands are the way they are focusing on saying remember he is still human.

• November 20, 2013 at 3:54 pm — Reply

That was why he had a face in the original. It was a plastic replica of Murphy’s to pay homage to him. The bare hand is just silly and seems vulnerable to attack. Even if they decided that he is much more human in scope this time he would be wearing some sort of armor over it just like the rest of the arm.

• gkm
        November 20, 2013 at 4:28 pm — Reply

…because, they are trying to make him, more like another successful franchise (and yes I’m these movies fan boy) not only the hand bothers me, but the continuous helmet going up and down, now I’m robot and now I have a smiley human face (where are the burnings – the car blow up in his face) …. try to add some more red color and a center glowing chest piece …. see where this is going..

2. Ricco
    November 20, 2013 at 4:23 pm — Reply

“Crime has a new enemy”, yup it’s Future Football-Gear Man!

They made the suit human size to add more flexibility and shove more high speed action into the movie.

That and the fact they changed the origins tells me they are going for a special effects riddled, action packed movie rather then what the original was: a hardcore violence shoot’em up…

PASS!

• Kirby
      November 20, 2013 at 6:55 pm — Reply

As is the curse with PG-13 action films now a days, toned down, and do not bring the same impact.

3. Arbor Day
    November 20, 2013 at 7:51 pm — Reply

I haven’t read the script so going by that trailer, it seems the black and red is chosen as a color scheme to match the androids. So maybe that’ll be some whole OCP versus police force thing that’ll come into play in the third act. Like he’ll use a paint grinder at an auto shop he’s hiding in to remove the black gloss.

Maybe this is Robocop: Year One, and by the end of the movie he’ll lose the right arm and symbolically let go of his past/humanity.

4. Mike
    November 20, 2013 at 10:09 pm — Reply

I might see it if I can convince myself it’s generic CG pg13 action hero man, and not robocop

5. November 21, 2013 at 7:47 am — Reply

I think the movie being PG-13 will be the nail in the tire for me. They remake these movies to get people like me to come back and watch them but they don’t realize that it’s the dark humor and ultra violence that made the original different.

6. Jason
    November 24, 2013 at 12:33 am — Reply

I started to wonder if he loses the hand like the original Murphy,

And then I remember this is PG 13. Probably not.

7. sasquatch2099
    December 17, 2013 at 12:28 am — Reply

Let us count the obvious screw ups that dishonors the original:

Painting him black instead of the classic silver.
    Exposed hand (in the original Murphy’s arm was salvageable, but OCP suits decided not to)
    Too much visor up and down for no practical reason.
    Every one knows who Robocop is. Original didn’t even know who he was.
    Wife knows he’s alive.
    Lack of free will/controlled by OCP appears ham handed in the trailers.
    ED 209’s look too generic, and don’t even appear to make pig and boar noises.

There was a heart and soul to the original that this version is oblivious to. Kind of ironic that the original is about a cop who dies, resurrected/lobotomized, and manages to retain his morals.