Lords of the Feywild

In this installment of Critical Hit: A Major Spoilers Dungeons and Dragons Podcast: It’s time for the party to leave the Mootlands, but how far are they willing to go to get to their destination?

NOTE: Level 14 character sheets are now available at members.majorspoilers.com and the Critical Hit Logo T-Shirts are indeed at SlashLoot.com

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

The Magic Minute — Triggers & Triggered Abilities

Zach on Film: Memento (2000)

1. Rugdr
    November 16, 2013 at 10:37 am — Reply

Doesn’t Thony have a flying ship…. and can be contacted. I mean a flying ship is faster then most things.

• Aspiring Spambot
      November 16, 2013 at 8:56 pm — Reply

I have been desperately wanting to see more of Thony. He has probably been my favorite NPC of the whole campaign.

• Chris
        November 19, 2013 at 2:28 pm — Reply

I think if Thony flew in with his ship, carrying Stagzie, cradling Polk the hedgehog, while Corlenon the kitten swung from the masts, my NPC experience would be complete!

• XantharTheFlame
          November 21, 2013 at 2:17 pm — Reply

With the Queen’s Rebellious Daughter as first mate! Oh yeah, baby! That would be cool.

• GeorgeDubya
      November 17, 2013 at 4:23 pm — Reply

There’s always the question of whether the Proud Baroness made the return trip from the Moon with the Exilarchy or not.

• Gary
      November 17, 2013 at 5:12 pm — Reply

I was shouting this at my iPhone

• November 17, 2013 at 10:57 pm — Reply

I have to admit, I was asking this one myself.

• Mike
      November 20, 2013 at 10:25 pm — Reply

Yes and thinking of what he would make of the sword of kill your friends and the egg, not to mention trelle on an air ship. Awesome and hilarious and there for will not happen

• Kevin
        November 21, 2013 at 11:26 am — Reply

Hilarious things have happened, many many times. It’s unlikely because Roberto is not that kind of GM. They may think of it, but I expect Roberto to say no. Or it’ll take three months.

• November 21, 2013 at 9:47 pm — Reply

please tell me “roberto” is rodrigo and rob’s love child.

• Dave
            November 25, 2013 at 9:45 am — Reply

And he says, in a high pitched voice, “Hello, mynameis rrrrrrroberto iglesias candida revollo rasmussen lopez, and-a this is-a how I talk-a.”

2. November 16, 2013 at 6:28 pm — Reply

Poor Orem. He has such bad luck with the ladies.
    Rodrigo narrating Stagzie’s “goodbye, riding into the sunset” thing was hilarious.
    Man, the Trelle/Ket adventure is going to be epic. I feel it in my bones. XD

3. November 17, 2013 at 8:15 am — Reply

Dobble yes! The cart group i pure vanilla Critical Hit.
    “When in doubt. Split the party.”

4. Kevin
    November 17, 2013 at 12:53 pm — Reply

How long do we have to wait to pull apart Stagzi’s letter that he gave Trelle?

5. Frederick aka Darth Macho
    November 20, 2013 at 6:15 pm — Reply

I cannot wait to see Rodrigo’s version of the Underdark! I’m scared already…

• Kevin
      November 20, 2013 at 11:57 pm — Reply

Can I ask now? Please? Are we going to the underdark with six or is Trelle holding a letter for an NPC?

6. Mike
    November 20, 2013 at 10:19 pm — Reply

Ket and trelle ride off. Five minutes later the rest of the party caches up, and there standing by the road yelling at each other again.

7. Adriana Ferguson
    November 21, 2013 at 12:15 pm — Reply

Spoilers: With no one there to stop her, Trelle puts Ket into a blanket and otherwise bullies.

8. XantharTheFlame
    November 21, 2013 at 2:14 pm — Reply

Even if Trelle & Ket ride ahead, the best they can achieve is to cut the time in half, so instead of 3 weeks they get there in 1 1/2 weeks, say it takes 2 – 3 days to talk to everyone they need to (because I doubt they would get an audience with a King that quickly, especially since the new Seneschal doesn’t know them, and they weren’t part of the “Torqeltones” when they were in Diamond Throne 3 – 4 years ago….

So at most they will save a week for the entire party. Is it worth it??

They weren’t that worried about how much time they were taking to go see Randus’ parents or help the elves in the Everdeep (both of which, while heart wrenching, are not as important as the main mission). If they hadn’t tried to go see Randus’ parents, and simply waited for the iron, they would probably be a whole month ahead of the timeline here.

Of course then we wouldn’t have met his parents, and the whole Everdeep adventure wouldn’t have happened… we’d never have gotten all the rich roleplaying in the Mootlands (especially the love interest stuff which was cute & funny)…. nor would we have had the chance to see Ket meld with an Eagle, and eventually lay a big egg…..

So on the whole, I’m glad they made the previous choices, but it’s not what I would have argued for.

Getting back to the main point … since they did do all of that and spent all that time already, is it really worth it to send Ket & Trelle ahead just to potentially save a week of travel time? I think not.

9. Mike C
    December 29, 2013 at 4:10 pm — Reply

Just listened and was shouting at the podcast but they couldn’t hear me-
    Trelle “couldn’t we put the iron in the haversack?”
    response “no, there’s too much”
    Me “You have half a ton! That’s a thousand pounds! The weight limit on the haversack is 1000 pounds! Load the iron in the haversack, disperse the stuff in it to the party members to distribute the weight and summon eagles. Why not ask Staggsy or Cloud if they could find another handy haversack or a bag of holding at the very least?”

10. March 22, 2014 at 10:48 am — Reply

I remember Rodrigo saying there were mining towns near Diamond Throne and that was its main industry. Besides, in a town like Diamond Throne you would have tons of iron ore and many blacksmiths. And to forget Thony?, Just plain ignorant.