Seriously, did you see?  The…  And all the…  Plus he came back… and the REFLECTION!!!  Holy Shhhhhnikies!  I’m so farklempt that I can’t even consider my usual fourth-dimensional QOTD madness.  With so much of my processing facilities tied up in excitement about the upcoming anniversary, I’ve decided to fall back on the old chestnut of superhero comics: Could Superman beat up the Hulk?  Could The Thing take down Funky Winkerbean?  Could Galactus defeat Snoopy as The Red Baron?  Whatever the matchup, it’s always fun to wonder what would happen when characters butt heads in the classic “mistaken identity” fighty-fighty that makes up roughly 30% of the stories in the entire Marvel Universe.  This, in turn, begs a query…

The MS-QOTD (pronounced, as always, “misquoted”) thinks it’s really the ultimate fanboy question, asking: What “Who’d win in a fight?” battle do you think would be the most fun to watch?

Matthew Peterson

Matthew Peterson

And a nice red uniform.

REVIEW: Protocol - Orphans #1 of 4

Jason Reads Comics - All DC Comics for November 16, 2013

1. November 15, 2013 at 12:42 pm — Reply

Zatanna vs Emma Frost

2. November 15, 2013 at 1:09 pm — Reply

Thor vs. Wonder Woman. Two mythological figures, both raised and trained as warriors with years of experience going at it. That would be a fight for the ages.

-Chad

3. Kirby
    November 15, 2013 at 1:38 pm — Reply

Ambush Bug vs. the original Ninja Turtles from the cartoon with wacky break-the-fourth-wall jokes.

• November 15, 2013 at 7:04 pm — Reply

For a minute there I thought you were going to say the original Ninja Turtles from the original comics that the old cartoon was based on. Now I kinda want to see both because they would definitely be two very different stories, each equally full of awesome.

4. randolph defreese
    November 15, 2013 at 3:32 pm — Reply

I wish they would do a Superman vs. Goku just to the fanboys can be quiet.

• November 15, 2013 at 7:34 pm — Reply

Which fanboys do you mean?

• randolph defreese
        November 16, 2013 at 6:56 am — Reply

the Dragonball Z(Goku) fans and Superman fans.just go to a message board and start a thread on the matter and see how many pages it goes.

• November 16, 2013 at 4:59 pm — Reply

Naah, I’m good. I’ve had the Batman Vs. Superman fight with Stephen enough to know that everybody loses. :)

• tumorface
      November 16, 2013 at 2:58 am — Reply

There’s actually a lengthy, well thought out match up of these two on Youtube by the folks at Death Battle, which I highly recommend. It won’t settle any debates (nothing will), but it sure is fun.

5. Spiderlover
    November 15, 2013 at 4:12 pm — Reply

Gandalf vs superman. Because I find the image of an old man whipping supes to be hilarious.

6. November 15, 2013 at 11:58 pm — Reply

Plastic Man versus Impossible Man :)
    Speedball versus Sebastian Shaw
    The Imperial Guard versus The Legion
    Doom Patrol versus The Metal Men

7. tumorface
    November 16, 2013 at 3:06 am — Reply

Nothing says big spectacle smackdown to me like the Kaiju genre. But rather than a rubber monster, I’d like to see Godzilla fight another staple of Japanese pop culture, the humongous mecha. Godzilla versus an EVA unit! They are approximately the same size, and surely Godzilla possesses the threat level of an Angel, so it won’t be quick…but it will be glorious.

8. November 16, 2013 at 8:28 am — Reply

Bugs Bunny Vs, Woody Woodpecker (Psychotic 40’s version)
    Who would witn this battle of the Cartoon sociopaths?
    The Viewer.

• November 16, 2013 at 9:29 am — Reply

I’m honestly surprised we haven’t gotten something like that yet. We’ve had Daffy vs Donald (sort of, a piano duel on “Who Framed Roger Rabbit?”), we’ve even had Looney Tunes meet the DC heroes, but no real Bugs and Woody.

9. November 16, 2013 at 10:17 am — Reply

Dr. Who and The Doctor vs The Daleks. It would involve lots of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff, alternate timelines, crazy complicated contradictory explanations and Bernard Cribbins in a dual role as Wilfred Mott and Tom Campbell.

I started out typing this as a joke, but now I’m kinda intrigued by the idea of trying to make the old Dr. Who movies a semi-official alternate timeline to the real Doctor Who series. Wouldn’t be much stranger than the Doctor Who/Star Trek crossover.

10. Lee Goldberg
    December 4, 2013 at 12:33 pm — Reply

I’d love to see a fight between all the distaff versions of Superman (or at least the Marvel one’s like Sentry vs Gladiator vs Hyperion). Seriously, if Uncanny Avengers doesn’t take advantage of the fact that both the Sentry (Four Horseman version) and Hyperion are around, it will be such a missed opportunity.