A few weeks ago, Major Spoilers showed you the teaser trailer for the upcoming 50th Anniversary episode of Doctor Who, The Day of the Doctor. Today, a trailer with footage from the episode has been released and is waiting for you to yell, “Geronimo!” and watch after the jump.

Any surprises, fans? Is the episode going in a direction that excites you? Looks like the Daleks are back; have thoughts about that? Let your feelings be known in the comments below!

via Den of Geek

Zach Woolf

Zach Woolf

Zach is a recent college graduate who’s love for consuming media is surpassed only by his love for creating it. He has a firm belief that if we could all just play with LEGOs for 30 minutes a day the world would be a better place. If those two statements don’t tell you everything you need to know about Zach, follow him on Twitter at @zwoolf.

Critical Hit #224: Level Up!

MOVIES: Three new images from Amazing Spider-Man 2

1. Kirby
    November 9, 2013 at 10:20 am — Reply

Zygons? I’m in for that alone.

2. November 9, 2013 at 10:31 am — Reply

I know from reading comments here and on other forums that I may be in the minority, but I’m so incredibly happy to see the “Bad Wolf” Rose pop up. It always seemed to me that when she took on the time vortex and in a way became an incarnation of it that things were over too quick. Yes, the Doctor sucked it back out of her (killing himself in the process) but it always seemed like more should have been done with that power than just spreading the words “bad wolf” around in the past.

I’m also really excited to find out more about “The Moment” that the Time Lords were so freaked out about the Doctor having when it was name-checked in “The End of Time.”

• November 9, 2013 at 10:23 pm — Reply

I will take Rose being back 100 times over if it means there will be no River Song.

• November 10, 2013 at 12:45 pm — Reply

Ugh. Don’t get me started on River. I loved her at the start, but it just felt like they didn’t know what to do with her. What really got me was they spelled out her ending with her introduction when she realized the Doctor knew she was going to die in the library. Her whole speech about him showing up with a new suit and haircut and giving her the sonic on a final date while crying…I wanted SO BADLY to see Matt Smith have that episode. It would have been so much better then the random she pops in and crazy happens episodes.

• November 10, 2013 at 2:59 pm — Reply

My biggest problem with River isn’t the character herself but that she’s treated like she’s the most awesomest awesome that ever did awesome. Clearly she’s the best, funniest, most cleverly designed character ever and everyone obviously feels the same way!

After watching an episode with her in it, I always feel as if the writers are watching me and tapping their feet before giving me a disgusted “Ugh, you’re welcome!” for not thanking them for including her.

• November 10, 2013 at 5:43 pm — Reply

I’m right there with you. I always felt like the best River/Doctor moments happened off-screen or between episodes. It felt like breaking the writers rule of “show, don’t tell” all the time. We kept being told how awesome River was and how much the Doctor cared about her, but I never really felt it on screen. Certainly never like I felt we saw it with 10 & Rose.

• November 11, 2013 at 12:28 am — Reply

My problem with River was that they rushed her appearances in a short period of time, then suddenly announce ‘oh yeah, that episode where she died has already happened, no build up to it at all.’

She was a great concept, but they never really used her properly. Plus when she first meets the Doctor she says that she knows ‘all his previous faces’, but it turns out that she only ever meets one of his past incarnations, which makes it seem weird.

Then again, it IS time travel, so it’s not like they couldn’t bump into each other at a different point again, but it still felt wasted.

3. November 9, 2013 at 8:13 pm — Reply

What I want to learn more about is the Nightmare Child.

4. November 9, 2013 at 11:53 pm — Reply

Ohhhh, I’m so exited to watch this

5. November 10, 2013 at 10:14 pm — Reply

Hmm. It looks as though we’re going to see the Dalek attack on Gallifrey. Cool.

6. b003